[WIP] Werewolf: The Awakening

ARLADRIS

Description

Yes, this is my first mod. However, it does not mean I do not know what I am doing. In order to learn CS scripting, OBSE scripting, rules and many odd things I have already spent many hours. I am fully devoted to this mod (and this mod only) and I hope that one day it will become one of the best Oblivion Werewolves Mod. The idea to introduce werewolves as huge wolves comes after watching movies like: Twilight Saga, Blood and Chocolate and True Blood Serial. There are even more films like this, but I cannot recall their names. The image of werewolves was evolving in time as was the image of vampires (every age has got its own portrait of them), so it does not mean that werewolves should only look like this from Van Helsing or Underworld Trilogy.

And if somebody has already noticed ideas for Disciplines were taken from such games as: Diablo II or Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines(this one is absolutely amazing: this is the only game I have managed to pass 5 times, even here is one werewolf:) ).

Total hours spent on this project: > 800

Screenshot Gallery[Album]

http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/ARLADRIS/

Videos

[ZShare - can be downloaded]

http://www.zshare.net/video/79712960f8532d7e/ -> Werewolves Stronghold(Old layout, new can be seen in video 6)

http://www.zshare.net/video/797146715c90083b/ -> Party System

http://www.zshare.net/video/79715770e16d53ea/ -> Disciplines

[YouTube]

1. www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUXLfIuaXzs -> Werewolves Stronghold

2. www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbvXvXwIhY -> Party System

3. www.youtube.com/watch?v=024g53a_kzE -> Disciplines

4. www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrkNurEJh2U -> Creating a Newborn Army

5. Creating a Newborn Army 2, new Order + new AI Behaviour System

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_IObyQNj0

6. Werewolf The Awakening 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbAAYUpak_8

Old ReadMe[from 26.08.10] new one has not been created yet

http://www.zshare.net/download/8043519384cbf494/

Features[ReadMe contains 15 pages, here only overall info]

* WTA Main Menu:

Attributes: Strength, Agility,Endurance, Willpower, Personality, Frenzy, Resilience

Disciplines: Gale Of The Hunter, Feral Rage, Rabies, Fortitude, Wolf's Eye, Spirit of the Wolf, Lycanthropy

Gifts: Moon Phases(3), Supernatural Attributes(6), Combat Gifts(7)

Hunger and Humanity Indicators

Overhaul Information: Level, Resilience, Approximate Damage(4 different attacks - 6 animations), Frenzy chance in Human and Werewolf Form

Configuration: Key Config

*Disciplines Menu(can be seen on one of the videos)

*Advanced Behaviour Modification(it does not consist of change in combat styles: it is COMPLETELY new and very advanced system, all actors included, something around 6-7k scripts lines, maybe even more)

*Advanced Party System(max 5 Werewolves Companions, Teams, Information, Commands, can be seen in one of the videos)

*New HUD Layout(4 bars: Hunger, Frenzy, Humanity and ExpPoints)

*Frenzy State(Forced transformation, bonuses to statistics)

*3 different Forms: Human, Hybrid and Werewolf -> everyone with its own pros and cons, does not only effect player, but NPCs too

*Special Actions: Feeding, transforming:can be seen on videos

*Custom AI for Werewolves: present in party system + outside of party system(they are intelligent, they can adapt): can be seen in one of the videos

*AI Overload Prevention System

*Leveling System: 20 levels, provides new disciplines, attributes and gifts

*Werewolves Stronghold(for now 15 Unigue NPCs)

*For now one quest: Lycanthropy Quest(Initial Ritual)

*Ability to create Newborns added

*Newborns every 48h gain a level, new disciplines(or increase their level), attributes and Faction Rank till 15th level(Elder Rank)

*Access to Werewolves NPCs Inventory implemented(advanced and intelligent system, which hide(show) (un)necessary buttons and let you view or change NPCs Inventory + force them to (un)equip stuff)

*Complete Werewolves Stronghold Rebuilt(patrol packages, guards, dynamic lights[adjusted to the day time], dueling system, and more...) has been done

*3 Hotkeys for transformation, 6 for disciplines and 8 free slots for orders

Mod completely depends on OBSE Arrays[Thanks to OBSE Creators], which are placed in Mods Kernel(maintain and delete data, Overall AI controller, Moon Phase Controller, Transition Queue[due to fact MoveTo cause CTDs when called to many times in short period of time], Infecting Controller, AI Overload Prevention, storing all information about Werewolves[attributes,disciplines and more]) - Kernel consists of ~70 Arrays so far. Because of that, many things which was not possible, now are extremely easy to implement. For example I do not have to worry how to get info from one script attached to object placed into actors inventory - this script just register itself in Mods Kernel and then sends there all necessary data, so that other scripts may use them[this info is required when you create advanced behavior modification].

I was always hearing about how unstable Oblivion can be and now I must admit this all is untrue(and no i have not been modding for a few hours. I have already spent on Oblivion modding more than 800 hours - only on creating scripts). I was playing on very low-end computer(settings high, 400 mb of free ram memory, notebook) without any crashes - most of crashes(99%) comes from scripts. Funny thing is Bethesda even had no clue how dangerous some functions are :) - and even their scripts may produce CTDs -.-

Current, unreleased version is EXTREMELY STABLE -> I have not seen ANY CTD for at least 50h(I mean both testing and scripting) :D, almost everything connected with Werewolf System has been made. When it all will be done I am going to create a plot - I am thinking about making Werewolves Rulers of Tamriel as were Vampires once. Of course not at the beginning - player would have to finish quests given by Lucian and others, taking whole Cities by infecting main Rulers with a Lycanthropy Curse, hunting Vampires etc.

Working on:

*Testing

Future Content:

*Better Hybrid Form look(for now only eye changes) -> waiting for OBSE 19 stable version and fully working Update3d command(for now I am using Vampirism hack)

Beta Testers:

Beefyh(banned..., but still in contact)

ivyislost

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds awesome, could you upload videoes to youtube?

And I admire your talents, I consider myself an alright modder, but you seem to have learned a great lot in little time. (Of course I dont know that for sure, but I certainly didnt have your talents or willpower when I was doing my first mod)

Just remember to keep your hopes up, dont give up because things arent going your way, or the project might be a little boring for a while, and don't have doubts about wether your idea is good or not, because it is a great idea.

Edit: Lol, Im mad, youre better than I am at modding, and I've been modding for a while.

Im sure youll become one of those great modders of Oblivion, whom everyone will know about.

Edited Edit: When I said you'd learned alot in little time, I ofc didnt know that for sure, and I certainly did not mean to, in any way, state that you didnt work hard to obtain those skills of yours, just to clear up the air. 'cuz Im not entirely sure about wether what I said came out right or not.

I have uploaded this videos to this server in purpose, youtube always lower my video quality. It is my first mod, however i do not consider myself as a newbie. If you would see mods source(I mean esp) you would understand why. This mod is completely depended on OBSE Arrays. Its built is similar to built of Operating Systems(kernel which store ~50 arrays, maintain data, delete them etc.) - without OBSE this mod would never comes. Oblivion is a messy thing and when you change it in this scale EVERY function can cause CTDs. From my experience the most dangerous one are: every which change somehow AI(StartCombat,ForceFlee etc) and one of the most annoying is RemoveMe -> I do not know how Bethesda guys did this function, but this one is unbelievable dangerous, especially in complicated scripts. BTW. I am working on this project since January 2010 and spent something around 700 hours(far too many...)

I have had a crash, I am gonna check and try to find out what it was that caused it. It only happened near the strong hold so far so I dunno, I am atm reloading and attempting to see what it was. It was a combat moment with a wolf,

Ivy: O.O look a wolf....

Wolf:grrrr runs at ivy

Ivy pulls out sword...

game I personally dislike wolf harm, so yeah crash....

Ivy; scowls, he started it....

thats my comic relief moment....to keep the smirk on my face. XD

But anyway after I finally change I will see further into it, I had to go back to an old save to get the curse again....dunno if that was just me XP

~~~~~~~

Mmmmk dunno what it was to be honest only thing i can say is that on the way to him I notice some of the rocks are not touching the ground right outside the stronghold along the road down the hill, I have no idea why the crash happened, I chock it up to the possible issue with the mod that changes the view for fights, its lagging bad when it does it....so I will likely uninstall that and see if that stops my issue so atm the rocks are the only issue i have got and thats not that big an issue....

I still have a day in game before I change so I will test out more to tell you...^.~

p.s.

Ivy Bwahahahha evil CTD WOLF die!!!! (yeah he got what was coming)

Edited by ivyislost

ivyislost -> Crash may happened, bacause of fact this release is NOT COMPATIBLE with previous one, use save without previous WTA activated and everything should be ok(must :)). I have rebuilt mods core thats why it is not compatible

EDIT: To make sure look into obse.log -> if there are many errors, then you are having compatible issues, mostly because of uninitialized arrays or simply in game press ' ~ ' button

Lucky thing I saved right before i went into the stronghold in that just encase thought XD

Yay for thinking inside my brain for once...I finally got the transformation thing down...its fun...tee hee <3

I was caught off guard a moment when I saw my character flicker and snickered remembering duh had to use mount to do it.

So far the mods running smooth, and I have had no glitches in the mod other then my own games fault (bbb & glitched switches)

I had an idea...due to another mod i saw, if you wanted to do different colors later it might be easier, (for the fur etc) I know of black and such...

I just mentioned it cause I use a warg, as my mount.

Since before I haven't had a crash, And I have noticed something I have to fix, some how my skeletons poofed, O.< (kicks self) thus is most my issues likely...so after I decide to stop trying to ignore the graphical strangeness near women in fur armor...(due to BBB) I shall fix that XD I am just having to much fun as a werewolf atm to go fix it, XD so for now i blame that crash on glitches on my side.

Side by side computers are nice, for such an occasion, and so other strangeness..... some mod i installed must have done it too...but none, of the push buttons in ruins work anymore... think it was the adash mod...(sighs) should have stuck to testing out one mod and left the other alone....XD after I test the mod a while...i get to work on my own game to fix issues...that I hadn't noticed till I decided to go bandit hunting so yay!!! being a tester helped me too...i had assumed it was just odd in the other world the buttons didn't work and choped it up to errors, now i know its my own game issue so yeah...I get to go post an Errm anyone know how tooo....fix this question...

Mhmm pretty sure this was mentioned in the read me about the poofing and becoming invisible. (heads back to readme) Hummm think I will call it a night on testing and start in the morning after i do some glitch fixing XD

Goodnight, morning, whatever it is where everyone else is...ivy is gonna go get lost in a dream (now which will likely involve werewolves lol )

Just a question, is the CTD wolf ( :P ) right outside the stronghold? because he is making me mad too. The were's all run at him every single time I go there. Everybody changes and pwns the level 1 wolf and then all is well. Though now that I think about it... the wolf runs into the stronghold... silly wolf.