A Canadian Perspective on the Mid Terms

Aurielius

By Marc Patrone, Sun News network

"America is on the edge of a second revolutionary war.

It may not be bloody like the first one, but it will be hugely important.

Some might suggest it’s more a civil war, but with liberty and the constitution hanging in the balance, revolution seems a more appropriate comparison.

There are no British troops or monarchy to fight this time.

The ‘shot heard around the world’ wasn’t fired from a musket; it came from the ballot box.

Americans have taken a long hard look at the kind of fundamental transformation promised by Barack Obama and the Democrat party and they want nothing to do with it. The Republican victory suggests Americans are more than just unhappy with the direction the country is headed.

Such was the devastating scope of the electoral debacle for the Democrats that it appears Americans are mobilizing for war against the Obama agenda.

They are only now truly beginning to understand the threat to liberty he presents.

What’s so deeply troubling, albeit not entirely unexpected, is the disdain, arrogance and contempt with which this president dismissed the results.

“So to everyone who voted, I want you to know I hear you. To the two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you, too,” he said.

Meaning what?

He seems to be suggesting that by not voting, the majority of Americans agree with what he’s doing.

Terrifying? You bet.

It’s taken six years, but the ugly truth about Obama’s contemptuous attitudes toward the people who elected him twice is becoming all too evident.

Lame duck? Guess again.

The man probably realizes that a chance to remake the U.S. according to his far left view of the world may not come around again.

His time is running out. Obama’s ‘nuclear’ option is amnesty for millions of illegals.

He expects those illegals will become dependents of the state, thus stacking the electoral deck in favour of Democrats by promising the new ‘wards of the state’ a

suite of entitlements. The depth of this destructive agenda is clear, rip off trillions in wealth (which Obama believes was stolen anyway) and give it to those whom he

considers ‘victims’ of capitalism.

The beneficiaries will naturally reward the progressive left with voter support into perpetuity. Viola, the progressive dream of a one-party state is realized.

This has been decades in the making. The left has infiltrated, corrupted, and subverted the institutions that had, up to now, served as pillars supporting freedom,

democracy, and prosperity.

Obama will attempt to ram through amnesty, climate change, wealth redistribution and he will ignore the constitution to do it.

Republicans have assured Obama impeachment is off the table. And so the battle lines are drawn.

Fasten your seatbelts Canada, we’re about to get a front-row seat to the battle for the soul of America and indeed the free world.

Let’s hope that, as in the first revolutionary war, that the right side wins.

If it doesn’t, we all lose."

Fair Disclosure

I have done my background research on the Sun Times before posting and I would judge it right of center politically.

I found the President's contention that the mid terms were not a repudiation of his policies and that he took his mandate from those that did not vote to be simply disingenuous. I'm old enough to remember Nixon and he was impeached for far less, he only attempted to use the IRS.....Obama succeeded. I never liked Nixon's imperial presidency but this version makes his look like a beta test. It seems that we will need SCOTUS to explain the concept of Constitutional Separation of Powers to the President because he obviously doesn't like listening to the voters.

Politicians will spin the worst election results to make them look good, regardless of what the truth is. (and as we all know, it appears that it is physically impossible for ANY politician to operate within the confines of the truth in any event, regardless of party affiliation.) That Obama has spun this as NOT a statement against his policies, really doesn't come as a surprise.... he is to0 arrogant, and egotistical to see it any other way.

Reading the comments on various news sites, it absolutely amazes me that some of the things he wants to do, supposedly 'with the support of the american people', absolutely is NOT the case. When he was claiming "the majority of people support immigration reform", (implying HIS version) 100% of the comments on articles of that nature said exactly the opposite. And that was the case from news organizations from BOTH sides. But, since congress isn't going to be precisely cooperative with him on that score..... he is trying to make an end run around them, by exercising his 'executive order' powers. Pretty much granting amnesty to millions of law-breakers. (illegal aliens) NOT what the american people want.

But then, when has ANY administration actually done what their constituents want in the last couple decades? Even the supreme court doesn't seem to care about the constitution, and ALL MEN'S rights. (corporations are NOT people.)

Oh well. The country is continuing to go to hell in a handbasket, and I really don't expect that the next administration will do much different in the areas where it matters.

I don't see the american people getting up-in-arms about it though. We have become far to complacent to actually expend some effort to get things to change.

Six years ago the man entered office on such a wave it was incredible. The media and the far left thought he was a rock star and built him up so much that I don't think anyone could physically attain. The man, since then has pretty much disappointed everyone. He went too far to some and to some, not far enough.

I think the man thinks that his one time supports have stayed away because he didn't give them what they wanted and this is the reason he said that he heard thse who stayed away. I think he is a true believer in the idea that America has caused most of the worlds ills and wants to pull us away from the role we have been playing. The one thing, I think he didn't take into account was the way the rest of the world had been set up with arround the idea that America would always be there. Once someone is addicted to a certain reality it is fairly destructive to, suddenly have that rug pulled out from under them and this, I think is whats causing all the turmoil. There, suddenly is a giant void in the fabric of the world and those with the ambition have poured in from the sidelines to fill that goal.

I think the president is like a middle aged women who is trying to wear the clothes of a 20 year old, to try and recapture the feelings he once had and is doubling down in opposition to everything Republican. I think, the public is as war weary of his administration as they once was of the war on terror and see everything he does as insincere and plastic. Sure those who are benefiting by what he tries will welcome it, but not because they think he is doing it for them, but for himself and his legacy.

It's really hard to build up enthusiasm for a person you deem is using you for a political football instead of a human being amongst other human beings that just wants to live in peace and prosperity. It's almost impossible to do that when the president sticks you in the face of the opposition in order to look like he's dong something for someone. they know it's fake, we know it's fake and the rest of the world knows it's fake. What the left is faced with now is to recover from the plane wreak this administration has brought upon them and find themselves and re establish themselves as the Republicans had to do after George Bush.

I'd hate to see the state of the republicans if the left had picked another president as willy as President Clinton to succeed the last president. Goals can be reached by those committed to reaching them and far faster by those more intent on doing them instead of being seen doing anything. Both parties would serve America far better if they would fullyt realize the best way to serve the public is to do so selflessly instead of selfishly.

The turmoil is BECAUSE we stuck our noses where it didn't belong. That started with Bush. Supporting the Arab spring, and abandoning our one-time allies (Mubarak, for instance) simply gave the extremists the stage they needed. That was Obama. The 'brutal dictators' are what seems to be REQUIRED in that part of the world, to maintain some semblance of stability. Every country where the dictator has been ousted, has descended into sectarian civil war. IS is a natural result of all that. They saw an opportunity, and they took it.

What's even more grating is, our own infrastructure is in rather sad shape, and apparently there is no money to remedy that, but, we can give away billions to other countries that hate us, to help rebuild THEIR infrastructure, and in some cases, once rebuilt, it is either stolen, destroyed again, or simply abandoned, because the US had their hand in it, so it is somehow 'tainted'.

The US needs to seriously re-think its foreign policy.... what we are doing now sure as hell isn't working.

Edited by HeyYou

By Marc Patrone, Sun News network

"America is on the edge of a second revolutionary war.

It may not be bloody like the first one, but it will be hugely important.

Some might suggest it’s more a civil war, but with liberty and the constitution hanging in the balance, revolution seems a more appropriate comparison.

There are no British troops or monarchy to fight this time.

The ‘shot heard around the world’ wasn’t fired from a musket; it came from the ballot box.

Americans have taken a long hard look at the kind of fundamental transformation promised by Barack Obama and the Democrat party and they want nothing to do with it. The Republican victory suggests Americans are more than just unhappy with the direction the country is headed.

Such was the devastating scope of the electoral debacle for the Democrats that it appears Americans are mobilizing for war against the Obama agenda.

They are only now truly beginning to understand the threat to liberty he presents.

What’s so deeply troubling, albeit not entirely unexpected, is the disdain, arrogance and contempt with which this president dismissed the results.

“So to everyone who voted, I want you to know I hear you. To the two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you, too,” he said.

Meaning what?

He seems to be suggesting that by not voting, the majority of Americans agree with what he’s doing.

Terrifying? You bet.

It’s taken six years, but the ugly truth about Obama’s contemptuous attitudes toward the people who elected him twice is becoming all too evident.

Lame duck? Guess again.

The man probably realizes that a chance to remake the U.S. according to his far left view of the world may not come around again.

His time is running out. Obama’s ‘nuclear’ option is amnesty for millions of illegals.

He expects those illegals will become dependents of the state, thus stacking the electoral deck in favour of Democrats by promising the new ‘wards of the state’ a

suite of entitlements. The depth of this destructive agenda is clear, rip off trillions in wealth (which Obama believes was stolen anyway) and give it to those whom he

considers ‘victims’ of capitalism.

The beneficiaries will naturally reward the progressive left with voter support into perpetuity. Viola, the progressive dream of a one-party state is realized.

This has been decades in the making. The left has infiltrated, corrupted, and subverted the institutions that had, up to now, served as pillars supporting freedom,

democracy, and prosperity.

Obama will attempt to ram through amnesty, climate change, wealth redistribution and he will ignore the constitution to do it.

Republicans have assured Obama impeachment is off the table. And so the battle lines are drawn.

Fasten your seatbelts Canada, we’re about to get a front-row seat to the battle for the soul of America and indeed the free world.

Let’s hope that, as in the first revolutionary war, that the right side wins.

If it doesn’t, we all lose."

Fair Disclosure

I have done my background research on the Sun Times before posting and I would judge it right of center politically.

I found the President contention that the mid terms were not a repudiation of his policies and that he took his mandate from those that did not vote to be simply disingenuous. I'm old enough to remember Nixon and he was impeached for far less, he only attempted to use the IRS.....Obama succeeded. I never liked Nixon's imperial presidency but this version makes his look like a beta test. It seems that we will need SCOTUS to explain the concept of Constitutional Separation of Powers to the President because he obviously doesn't like listening to the voters.

Utter Bullshit .

Sun News is the Fox News North version and its an attempt to move poliitical discourse in my country to the right and to give you an idea of exactly to what degree to the right they are , they have launched this News Channel/paper in Alberta. The conservative heartland of Canada and even in a place like that , a place that is overwhelmingly conservative , this Sun News/paper lost almost 19 million last year and this year are on track to lose about 25 million and next year they expect it to go over 30 million . Why, because in the conservative heartland of Canada very few are buying the far right crap they are peddling. Fair Disclosure I don't think so. Utter Bullshit.

Marc Patrone

Whats his story . Back in 2005 in Canada we had a Liberal govt but they had been there a really long time and the thinking was that it was about to change. Well just prior to this change a bye-election in Calgary ,Alberta came up , a riding considered 1 of the top 3 strongest conservative ridings in the country (almost 70% of people routinely identify with a conservative ideaology) , only reason it came up in a bye-election is because the guy who held it died he had been there so long. Anyway this Marc Patrone sensing an opportunity and because the conservative who had held the seat suddenly died ,no one was really sure who this Marc Patrone was , but he was a conservative and he was willing to run on really short notice. Well to everyone's surprise the liberals took it . Now everyone was jus blown away by this ,well I have a nephew and 2 cousins that live in that riding and when I asked them what the hell happened , how is this even possible . Well apparently this Marc Patrone wasn't jus conservative , he was crazy conservative as in survivalist/Mark of the Beast/NWO/Christian fundalmentalist crazy conservative and it literally scared the hell out of people in Calgary Alberta . And though in the article you posted its now much more soft in tone but still there . Its couched in nihilistic absolutist phrases like 'the battle for America's soul" or "the progressive dream of a one party state " or "Obama's nuclear option is amnesty for millions of illegals." Give me a break , people who talk like this are your Alex Jones types , people the vast majority consider to be nothing but conspiracy nuts.Utter Bullshit.

So does it end there , nope the conservatives once the general election was called gained a minority govt , the Calgary riding immediately reverted back to a sensible conservative and this Marc Patrone what happened to him , he got hired by the conservative government and ended up in something called the CRTC ,same as FCC in America and then went to Sun News . Now here is where it gets really interesting and its detailed in the following article .

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/19/marc-patrone-sun-news-crtc_n_3302386.html

If you took time to read what stands out is

1)Marc Patrone while at CRTC was lobbied by Sen Mike Duffy on behalf of Sun News to have the Government mandate Sun News as must carry TV . As in the Government would force us Canadians tp pay for a News Channel that we didn't want anyway. And after Marc Patrone worked with Sen Mike Duffy to get this done and failed , he (Marc Patrone) was rewarded a year later with a job with Sun News.

2) Sen Mike Duffy not only resigned from the conservative caucus (given no choice) but was exiled from The Senate itself because of the expense scandal . How is all this relevant to me . Well Mike Duffy is one of 4 Senators of a Province in Canada that only has a population of jus under 140,000 , that's jus under 35,000 per Senator , not even a small city in a country like the US . That Province is my Province and in a place as small as this its not a matter of jus knowing a name but its parents , nieces and nephews , who married who , do they own a farm , what kind of crops do they grow and on and on and the big question is, is he a crook , most certainly. So when the expense scandal broke our Prime Minister Steven Harper who had appointed Duffy to the Senate , where instead of being a Senator he used the Office of being a Senator to be a political fundraiser for the Conservative Party of Canada (est 20 mil + raised) was left high and dry by our Prime Minister because of the expense scandal , well Duffy did not take that well and blew a gasket and went to the papers . Next thing we know a criminal investigation is in full swing into Mike Duffy and next year his trial is supposed to begin in late spring or early summer. But one of the last things Mike Duffy said before his lawyers told him to shut it was that he had proof of everything he was saying because he kept every scrap of documentation in everything he had done , including his dealings with Marc Patrone. Thats why people like Mike Duffy make excellent political fundraisers , they keep the dirt on everyone.

Citing an article by the likes of Marc Patrone as being representative of a Canadian perspective is just false , its nothing more than an idealogue spouting off so he can give voice to his own delusions. Using an article by him was like a gift to me.Utter Bullshit.

So what is a thread like this really about . Its about starting yet again another liberal , progressive , democrat ,Obama bashfest for like minded individuals and its become so pervasive in these forums over the last year , that people who might have debated with you all have pretty much given up and gone away , it even reached a point where an individual felt so comfortable in doing it that he decided to throw the moderators into the bashfest , thats indicative of just how pervasive it has become.

So if its a bashfest yas want have at it , but please dont be bringing my country into as a pretext for that bashing , not when its something so patently erroneous and delusional . Try sticking with homegrown delusions.

What part of the Fair Disclosure was not clear or disingenuous?

Fair Disclosure

-At least I made clear the political orientation of the article...The Huffington Post?....that is simply the Ultra Liberal anti-version of Fox.

-There has not been unbiased news source in the the history of journalism...neither from a left or right perspective.

-So am I to presume that a Liberal perspective is OK but a Conservative perspective is not?

- Is there no such thing as a Conservative Canadian? That concept would amuse my cousins in Saskatchewan that sent me the original.

-Six years in and this administration still refuses to held accountable for any failure and you are irked that we are fed up?

-The New York Times rated Obama as the second most ineffective president..beaten only by Buchanan.

Could we stop all this "Fox Vs: Msnbc crap. Marking down the source as a compass to it's accuracy is just another version of a personal attack. If someone actually HATES another for having an opinion or steering opinion to one side or the other, then that person, in my opinion needs to really look at themselves as a person. I know that there is biased everywhere, especially in journalism, but to let that color your soul with hate is detrimental to you personally and doesn't effect the news source in any way.

This is not directed at any one person but to the whole idea of discourse.

What part of the Fair Disclosure was not clear or disingenuous?

Fair Disclosure

Ya just dont get it.

I don't need to read the Huffpost to know about this , I just grabbed that because its a National publication that shows the connection between Sen Mike Duffy and this Marc Patrone. Where I live I can go down to my local paper and walk into the building go right past the reporter desk , the editors and their offices , go to the composing section (where they put newspaper together) and say to Steven Yates , runs the IT for that department , used to play Magic the Gathering with him and say Hey Steve whats up with this Mike Duffy , Marc Patrone connection and he will say Oh go check with Nigel Armstrong, went to Boy Scouts with him growing up or go check with Heather Taweel , grew up across the street from me , was best friends with her older brother Chris , or go talk to Gary Ramsay , one of the managing editors at my local paper , same last name as mine cause he is my 3rd cousin once removed, and I can do similar things with my local news channel. Point is when you posted that article by Mark Patrone , I immediately went "wait a minute I know that name" and I googled it and grabbed the first thing that I saw and boom it was yep I remember all this (Calgary bye-election , Sen Mike Duffy) , read it in my local paper , watched it in my local news by people i know , many on a first name basis. Had nothing to do with left/right , Huffpost , New York Times and all that blah blah. It was a fluke , a gift .

Whats disengenious . You take an article loaded with apocalyptic phrases ,claims of a such self importance , thats its meant not only for the soul of America , but the world no less and premise it on a basis that its news source is center right , good god man if thats what stands for center right then we are serious trouble , even more than I in my wildest imaginings . If someone on the left did the same thing , I would be all over them saying what sort of demagoguery are you spouting . Both would be getting into crazyville territory.

@ kvnchrist

Hates , oh please ain't got time for it.

Oh Lord, if you do not know the difference between right of center and center right (which are not synonyms), then you are reading / interpreting what you want not what I wrote. Bottom line is that you vehemently disagree, fine that's your privilege but that does not make it a view that cannot be discussed. Instead of attacking the premise you attack the messenger. It is strange that though Liberals in general maintain that they like diversity however they never seem to tolerate views that are not in accord with their own. You don't credit the Sun Times with credibility because it's conservative but in the same breath you dismiss the NYT which is very liberal in viewpoint. Make up your mind, is this about the source or the fact you cannot tolerate the message ( my suspicion is both). The mid terms were about a course correction in national policy, not inherently a conservative mandate but definitely a repudiation of the current administration's course. You may not care for the recent outcomes in Congress but neither were we about the past two general elections. However I at least know how to lose with grace and quietly read the repeated smug self assured liberal expositions in forum of how conservatism is dead ( and or evil ) over the last six years without going ballistic. If you wait long enough all moves of the political pendulum swing back to the other side.

@ kvnchrist

Hates , oh please ain't got time for it.

If I was speaking entirely about any incident here I would have made reference to that and quoted the post I was speaking about.

This entire thing about which media tells the truth and who lies has been an ongoing thing. The words used in any confrontation scream of fumming hatrid, wither the person keeps it under control or not doesn't mean it isn't there and it's that gut wrenching angst that ignites so many posts into flame fests.

The media is always trying to incite emotions from their target audience. This has never been in dispute. What I find incredible is there are so many who boycott the news services that thy don't agree with and become saturated with the fumes of their own party. They never research anything and take their news sources as if it were written on the wall. In doing this they become the cannon fodder for any manipulation their side plays and they become willing dupes, goosestepping in time with the rest of the zombies.

I don't know about Canada. I've been up there many times and consider those up there capable of running their own affairs. I don't comment on them as I wished they wouldn't comment on ours, simply because I don't think either really knows the other enough to cast judgement on either. Every country has their peculiarities and those should be dealt with by those who understand the issue as a whole. This is why I haven't read either of these posts and really don't care to.

As far as a media source. I listen to them all with a grain of salt, knowing that even when anyone tries to spin something there is always a glint of truth in that. They can't manipulate all the news and by listening to all I can, I usually get the brunt of what's going on. The news source I go to to get away from all this B.S. is The BBC world report and even then I have to filter that some times.