A Canadian Perspective on the Mid Terms

Aurielius

Bad? Worse? Does it matter? NONE of them in washington today, from ANY party, have AMERICA'S best interests in mind when they are writing/voting on legislation, all they are thinking about is keeping their major campaign donors happy, so they can get re-elected. We have a badminton game going on now. First the dems are in control, then the country gets sick of them, and the republicans take control, the public gets sick of THEM, and the dems are back, ad infinitum. Trouble is, nothing really changes. It's the folks with the money that run the government. Not "We the People." The people haven't counted for decades. Now, it's all about the money. When it comes to that, there is ZERO difference between the parties..... (granted, I voted republican back in november, JUST to make it more difficult for the dems......) Our government has been bought and paid for, with the complicity of the supreme court. Whoever thought that removing limits on campaign spending wouldn't contribute to dishonesty, and influence peddling, was smoking too much crack. (unfortunately, the supreme court agreed with him..... they must have been sharing the same pipe.)

The names/faces/party in control.. may change, but, that's about it. Its just different ways of giving away our tax dollars to other countries that hate us. Brilliant strategy......

That would apply equally to both parties...... or maybe I should say: All parties......

Agreed, but, who's "in power" now?

Who's controlled 2/3ds of the legislative branch of our government for the last 7 years?

Which republican rocketed from a local community organizer to POTUS in 8 short years?

I think you get my drift, the republicans are bad, but the democrats are worse.

I remember when President Obama was first elected. Those friends of mine who lean to the left were celibrating, not because of the person who was the president, but because that person was black. This reminds me of a scavenger hunt type mindset where what an individual is on the outside is more important than who that individual on the inside.

I think the right has the same attitude, but in different area. I think they have been looking for a new Ronald Regan every since they lost the last one. I think this is why they went through so many candidates in the last primaries and ended up with the last idiot they ran against President Obama. I don't know what type of president Romney would have made but that guy had awkword written all over him. The guy was a bussiness man, not a politican and definately looked like he wouldn't have handled the job of president all that well.

Romney was a corporate raider. Not exactly the person I would want trying to run my country as a 'business'...... breaking it up, and selling it off, really isn't an option.

Ross Perot may have made a good president.... he financed his own campaign, so, he wouldn't be beholden to any contributors, actually had a clue how to run a business, and had some definite plans to help out AMERICANS, not just corporate america.

I just hope the next president is not determined by a protest vote. It seems America has been doing these far to long. The phrase, "Through the bums out," have been reverberatng far too long. When the politicans are living on vending machine food for the preservative, you know the've been arround too long.