Leyawiin Castle Secret Door

Michelene

I'm sorry if this was asked and answered already - in my defense, I did search the forums and couldn't find an answer...

Does anyone know how to open the secret door in the Lord's Manor private quarters in the Leyawiin castle? I pickpocketed a "Leyawiin Secret Room Key" key off the Count, and found what I think is the secret door nearby (just a bare outline of a door in the wall, and the map shows something beyond it), but I cannot get it to reveal itself as a door that I can open. Is there a quest or something needed to activate it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm sorry if this was asked and answered already - in my defense, I did search the forums and couldn't find an answer...

Does anyone know how to open the secret door in the Lord's Manor private quarters in the Leyawiin castle? I pickpocketed a "Leyawiin Secret Room Key" key off the Count, and found what I think is the secret door nearby (just a bare outline of a door in the wall, and the map shows something beyond it), but I cannot get it to reveal itself as a door that I can open. Is there a quest or something needed to activate it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

It's a secret room used for torturing Argonians. There's a lever in a barrel that doesn't have a top. Pull it. It'll open the door to the room. There's one in Skingrad too. I don't know if it is initially disabled, but you could give it a try. Go in the jail. Go to the end of the hallway. On the wall to your right, is a candle on the wall. Activate it. The rest is obvious. ;) Now my bunghole needs a sacrifice! Sacrifice all of your poisons, and my bunghole will not be angered! Sacrifice them to my bunghole off of the Skyrim border! If you will not, my bunghole will be >:( . And you could just (read signature)! I will pray to the Night Mother to have your charactar assassinated!

Most of the castles have some secrets to be discovered. Some are quest related - others not. It is a good idea to explore as much as possible. Items that give you 100% Chameleon are useful here,

Most of the castles have some secrets to be discovered. Some are quest related - others not. It is a good idea to explore as much as possible. Items that give you 100% Chameleon are useful here,

Like my ring I posted here that gives the wearer 100% Chameleon? Ok, more to the point of my post:

I know of three more locations in the castles:

Anvil - Thieves Guild related, don't know if you can't access it before, go to armory, go to the right hallway after the main hallway, look at the posts on the sides of the benches that you can't sit on, sooner or later, there will be a collem you can activate, activate, voila

Bravil - TG related, again, go to Fathis Aren's chambers, go to the unsittable bench, activate the collem on the right, might be initially dissabled

Skingrad - Go to Skingrad jail, end of hall, activate strange candle on the right on the wall, may be initially dissabled due to TG quest

Said Posted Ring

The lever in the barrel opens the passageway. The key fits the door at the other end.

The quest associated with this passageway falls to the Thieves' Guild.

Thanks. Does that mean that I won't get any goodies if I go in solo (i.e. not on the theives guild quest)?

Like my ring I posted here that gives the wearer 100% Chameleon? Ok, more to the point of my post:

Anvil - Thieves Guild related, don't know if you can't access it before, go to armory, go to the right hallway after the main hallway, look at the posts on the sides of the benches that you can't sit on, sooner or later, there will be a collem you can activate, activate, voila

Bravil - TG related, again, go to Fathis Aren's chambers, go to the unsittable bench, activate the collem on the right, might be initially dissabled

Skingrad - Go to Skingrad jail, end of hall, activate strange candle on the right on the wall, may be initially dissabled due to TG quest

Thanks, all, for the info. The Skingrad Jail one interests me, but I think the Anvil one leads to the Smuggler's Cove, or Dunbarrow Cave. There's a key in Captains quarters that opens a door into a secret passage into the anvil castle for looting! CWAR posted a mod (CWAR's chest of fun) that has an invisibility ring in it. Yay!

The lever in the barrel opens the passageway. The key fits the door at the other end.

Thanks. Does that mean that I won't get any goodies if I go in solo (i.e. not on the theives guild quest)?

There are lots of goodies in the Count's quarters that are not tied to the quest, so you're well free to take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself. The special item required by the quest will not manifest itself until you actually play that mission, though.

Thanks, all, for the info. The Skingrad Jail one interests me, but I think the Anvil one leads to the Smuggler's Cove, or Dunbarrow Cave. There's a key in Captains quarters that opens a door into a secret passage into the anvil castle for looting! CWAR posted a mod (CWAR's chest of fun) that has an invisibility ring in it. Yay!

No, the Anvil one leads to the Stewart's quarters. You need to break in to steal something for a Thieves' Guild quest. The Skingrad jail one leads to a secret area under the Wine Cellar that has a secret jail in it for the "Pale Lady" (vampire) to feed on. It's nothing special. And I wouldn't suggest using that ring (unless it has 100% chameleon, not invisiblity, I can't remember) because Invisibility is only 85% chameleon that ends when you do something.

Archived