[WIP] Distinct Skyrim: Landscapes Reimagined

Jehoram

I'm finishing up the cleanup I wanted to do on Haafingar taking care of some weird odds and ends from the vanilla game. There wasn't a whole lot to do so it went pretty quickly. I think I'd like to replace the trees in the mountains of Haafingar to something more unique. What are your guys thoughts on this? Any suggestions for trees from resource packs that you think might fit the bill?

Ok, here is what I think so far:

This idea is nothing short of excellent! However, please don't overdo it! For example, the areas around lumber mills need to be at least moderately forested. (And yes, the person who has placed the mill in Morthal must be a crazy sick lunatic.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just want to hop in here and explain the lull in progress over the last few weeks. I broke my left wrist just before New Years and finally had surgery yesterday. I wont be making any progress in the next week or two but should hopefully regain the use of my fingers without causing any pain soon after that and then I'll hop right back on to getting this thing accomplished. :)

Hope everyone had a great holiday season!

• 5 weeks later...

Reporting back in! Its been about a month since you guys heard from me and the recovery process is going well. If everything goes as planned I will be able to mod efficiently again by the 25th of February. Now I've got a couple announcements to make!

First off, I'd like to announce that I am no longer working on this project alone . My friend bjs_336 has come on board to help with the project and he's been doing some amazing work that I can't wait to share with you all. At the moment he's getting his hands dirty with Winterhold, which is great because it frees me up to work on another area of Skyrim! Woohoo!

My second announcement is that I'd like to start putting together a list of beta-test candidates. Ideally I'd like to have a small group for each Hold, so if you consider yourself particularly attached to one particular Hold, please sign up as I would love some input from those of you who have a vested interest in each area.

Cheers friends, and Happy (Early) Valentines Day! :)