Adobe Photoshop - Read This 1st

LHammonds

Adobe Photoshop is a graphics manipulation tool that is commonly used by professionals as part of a larger work-flow of tools and processes. Modders can download a trial version that will last for a certain number of days but it is primarily a retail product that costs around $650.00 and is considered an industry standard.

You will most-likely need a plugin called NVIDIA Plugins so you can utilize the DDS file format. You can also find a list of DDS tools on the Oblivion CS Wiki site.

Here are some tutorials that anyone new to Blender should read:

• None Yet

Here are some tutorials related to modding with this tool:

DDS-Related tutorials:

Here are some locations to find more tutorials related to this tool:

Feel free to reply here and let us know of any additional tutorials or tutorial sites that are out there in the wild that we do not know about.

Also, feel free to post any requests for tutorials. I will try to keep a compiled collection of requests on the 2nd post. Bare in mind that requests are generally for ANYONE to complete...not specific to an individual.

List of requested tutorials (number on the end is how many times it has been requested)

• None yet.

I'm not sure if I got the right one because this tutorial has been copied and stolen by a lot of people because of its success. However, this a site closely looking to what I could remember. The tutorial is about how to make text with a flaming effect and it is one of the best I ever saw. It gave me a good insight to the importance of layers.

Dramatic Text on Fire Effect

Got it. Seems I needed to update the layout to include tutorial listings like the 3D tools...which makes it a bit easier to find things once the list starts growing fairly large. :happy:

Thanks,

LHammonds

I stumbled across this tutorial the other day, and I found it useful in making a small edit. It is a realistic water-making tutorial. Very useful; water is a lot harder to create than one might think! It refracts light in all sorts of funny ways. The tutorial discusses about layer styles and eventually, I made my own "water."

http://moesrealm.com/photoshop/tutorials/liquid-text-photoshop-tutorial/

Very simple and effective. And a home to many other fine tutorials.

Edited by LHammonds
Tutorial added...thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i made my self a webs free website and planning on creating cool stuff and also so texture tutorials on fallout as i see more from oblivion. its not finished but i will update here when it is and ready for use http://advanceddoodle.webs.com/

That's great! I hope you plan to also post the tutorials in multiple places to ensure it lives a long life. I recommend mirroring it to at least the Fallout 3 Nexus Article Database and the GECK Wiki.

Thanks,

LHammonds

• 3 months later...
Can anyone help me. I downloaded the DDS plugin but everytime I try to open a DDS file in photoshop it says photoshop cannot open the file type becuase it is not a photoshop file? Ca anyone make a tutorial on how to install it and what to do with it. I was getting really frustrated earlier because all the tutorials do not go over how to install it. They just expect you to know how to work it atomatically.