Photo

Brisa Almodovar

• Please log in to reply
1214 replies to this topic

WeAreTheDark

WeAreTheDark

• Premium Member
  • 14 posts
Does the latest version include the Project Beauty compatibility patch?

Edited by WeAreTheDark, 09 September 2014 - 06:38 AM.

WeAreTheDark

WeAreTheDark

• Premium Member
  • 14 posts
In response to post #18249769.

Answered my own question by installing. It's a selectable option configured during set up. Very nicely done:)

HoggyDog

HoggyDog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
I'm on my first playthrough of FO3, still discovering stuff in-game and finding/trying various mods.

Until a few days ago, I had tried companion mods Sydney (restyled), both restyled versions of Jessi, Brianna, Lucy West and Bittercup (Remixed). I ended up uninstalling those that had not been "restyled" by other authors and/or were not beauty-mod compliant and just used vanilla faces and hair... because I just couldn't stand to look at them. Throughout all of my searches for companion mods, Google somehow failed to find Brisa using search terms "FO3 Nexus Companion" but no worries- I eventually stumbled across her anyway.

To say that I am delighted with her would be a gross understatement. The FOMOD installation is "smart" enough to detect which of her many optional features I have the prerequisites for and lets me select from only those. Brisa is gorgeous and allows me to select which type of gorgeousness I want her to be (face, hair, body, etc.). She makes my grunt-work so much easier with her lockpicking and hacking, she heals us both, she repairs my equipment, I can level her skills up as I choose, she's Ling's compatible (something the vanilla-faced companion mod authors claim is impossible in FO3) and provides a camp to sleep in almost anywhere, she wears whatever I want her to wear and changes automatically into her sleep and swim outfits as appropriate, she has witty things to say sometimes, OR she will STFU when I ask her to... Amazingly, not only does she follow me into the DLC areas, but when I went spacewalking and worried how she would survive the airlock decompression, BRISA PUT ON HER OWN SPACESUIT AND WENT WITH ME!!!

*passes out from shock and amazement*

In short, Brisa is pretty much perfect in every way.

As I explored her options and systems and fixed her up the way I wanted her, my brain suddenly exploded as I realized that BRISA IS THE LONG-LOST SISTER OF WENDY GILBERT FROM NEW VEGAS!!!!! OMG!!! I can't believe it took me several days to finally figure this out. Since Wendy Gilbert has been my favorite New Vegas companion from the moment I found her, it's no wonder I love Brisa so much.

So thank you for Brisa, and thank you for making her beauty-mod compatible even though it is widely rumored on the Nexus to be impossible to do that. I would endorse this twice if Nexus allowed it.
:-)

Edited by HoggyDog, 12 September 2014 - 02:25 AM.

rickerhk

rickerhk

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,855 posts
In response to post #18320959.

Thank you.
Comments like that make it all worth the effort :)

thetorturedbodysoul

thetorturedbodysoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
I am sorry if this is a silly question to ask, but I looked as hard as I could and couldn't find anything, but does there happen to be a romance option for Brisa? Been looking for a really good romance type mod, like willow on New Vegas, and this seems really close to her, but I saw no mention of romance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.995 seconds