Photo

Brisa Almodovar

• Please log in to reply
1216 replies to this topic

WeAreTheDark

WeAreTheDark

• Premium Member
  • 14 posts
Does the latest version include the Project Beauty compatibility patch?

Edited by WeAreTheDark, 09 September 2014 - 06:38 AM.

WeAreTheDark

WeAreTheDark

• Premium Member
  • 14 posts
In response to post #18249769.

Answered my own question by installing. It's a selectable option configured during set up. Very nicely done:)

HoggyDog

HoggyDog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
I'm on my first playthrough of FO3, still discovering stuff in-game and finding/trying various mods.

Until a few days ago, I had tried companion mods Sydney (restyled), both restyled versions of Jessi, Brianna, Lucy West and Bittercup (Remixed). I ended up uninstalling those that had not been "restyled" by other authors and/or were not beauty-mod compliant and just used vanilla faces and hair... because I just couldn't stand to look at them. Throughout all of my searches for companion mods, Google somehow failed to find Brisa using search terms "FO3 Nexus Companion" but no worries- I eventually stumbled across her anyway.

To say that I am delighted with her would be a gross understatement. The FOMOD installation is "smart" enough to detect which of her many optional features I have the prerequisites for and lets me select from only those. Brisa is gorgeous and allows me to select which type of gorgeousness I want her to be (face, hair, body, etc.). She makes my grunt-work so much easier with her lockpicking and hacking, she heals us both, she repairs my equipment, I can level her skills up as I choose, she's Ling's compatible (something the vanilla-faced companion mod authors claim is impossible in FO3) and provides a camp to sleep in almost anywhere, she wears whatever I want her to wear and changes automatically into her sleep and swim outfits as appropriate, she has witty things to say sometimes, OR she will STFU when I ask her to... Amazingly, not only does she follow me into the DLC areas, but when I went spacewalking and worried how she would survive the airlock decompression, BRISA PUT ON HER OWN SPACESUIT AND WENT WITH ME!!!

*passes out from shock and amazement*

In short, Brisa is pretty much perfect in every way.

As I explored her options and systems and fixed her up the way I wanted her, my brain suddenly exploded as I realized that BRISA IS THE LONG-LOST SISTER OF WENDY GILBERT FROM NEW VEGAS!!!!! OMG!!! I can't believe it took me several days to finally figure this out. Since Wendy Gilbert has been my favorite New Vegas companion from the moment I found her, it's no wonder I love Brisa so much.

So thank you for Brisa, and thank you for making her beauty-mod compatible even though it is widely rumored on the Nexus to be impossible to do that. I would endorse this twice if Nexus allowed it.
:-)

Edited by HoggyDog, 12 September 2014 - 02:25 AM.

rickerhk

rickerhk

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,871 posts
In response to post #18320959.

Thank you.
Comments like that make it all worth the effort :)

thetorturedbodysoul

thetorturedbodysoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
I am sorry if this is a silly question to ask, but I looked as hard as I could and couldn't find anything, but does there happen to be a romance option for Brisa? Been looking for a really good romance type mod, like willow on New Vegas, and this seems really close to her, but I saw no mention of romance.

crowlotus

crowlotus

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Um, does anyone have her ID? I told her to wait for me, went to do a quest, and when I came back she had disappeared. I tried using her "teleporter" but it keeps saying "Brisa is too far away to help you." I would really hate to back up on my saves since it was over an hour. :( If I can "summon" her to me, then I am willing to backup I guess since I simply can't "exist" without her.

Edited by crowlotus, 23 September 2014 - 06:08 PM.

M48A5

M48A5

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Um, does anyone have her ID? I told her to wait for me, went to do a quest, and when I came back she had disappeared. I tried using her "teleporter" but it keeps saying "Brisa is too far away to help you." I would really hate to back up on my saves since it was over an hour. :sad: If I can "summon" her to me, then I am willing to backup I guess since I simply can't "exist" without her.

Try XX005297 (replace XX with the load order number).

Or you could load the old save, use the console to get her base ID number, exit and load the current save and use the console command "moveto player".

Edited by M48A5, 23 September 2014 - 07:46 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.989 seconds