SSME and SKSE Memory patches not working? HELP! Please...

GrumpyTanky

I may have misinterpreted your posts. I thought the memory log dump was from a CTD; is that not correct? Neither block approaches vanilla allocations, so I assumed it was crashing BEFORE the bugged allocation event in a vanilla game.

Allocating extra heap takes memory directly away from Skyrim, so I would use SKSE defaults unless you see the game crashing at 512MB. I still don't think its a heap allocation bug since SSME fails as well.

There IS a suspicious entry in the skse.log:

Loading camera event registrations...
Loading actor action event registrations...
plugin did not read all of its data (at 0000000000005C6E expected 00000000000377BE) <---- this one
dispatch message (3) to plugin listeners
sending message type 3 to plugin 4

I don't know what that is telling us, though, even if it refers to an SKSE plugin or a mod. If its an actual mod plugin (esp/esm) error, TES5Edit might tell you something. Fire it up and let it load all your plugins to see if it complains about anything. If its an SKSE plugin error, you might try removing the SKSE plugin mods one at a time until the error goes away and you identify the plugin causing that suspicious line. Be aware that I'm guessing here; I have no idea what SKSE logs are telling us.

Edited by Lord Garon

Hmmm...

Interesting observation... I couldn't figure out what it means either... After reinstalling ENB and then turning it off ingame I get a little more time, more then the 10 minutes I was getting before, but only marginally... I was messing around to see if it is a memory issue and I'm still convinced... I spawned a bunch of NPC's around me and once the 256mb first allocation was used up, there was a massive stutter, then the next allocation was used up very quickly and a CTD occured...

Just spent three hours with TES5EDIT, hacking away at anything not green... We'll see how that works...

HI, In the second block of text on the first page, not sure which file that is from..?SKSE.LOG?...but you have an incompatible DLL loading..Tesval.dll was from way back when, and not needed anymore.

plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.dll (00000001 SKSE_Elys_Uncapper 010F0020) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\TESVAL.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\TESVAL.dll (00000001 TESVAL 00000002) reported as incompatible during query

checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\chargen.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\chargen.dll (00000001 chargen 00000003) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\fiss.dll

Cant hurt to remove that ...may not be the cause,but if SKSE sees it as incompatible it 's probably not loaded..:)

And as posted above ...ENB with or without the graphics IS needed for the BOOST feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Roge,

Uninstalled everything... The whole thang...

Reinstalled... after three days of testing every possible combination I could think of, no joy! Even with a new 'My Documents\my games\skyrim' folder...

So confused... I got ride of the old tesval.dll, and installed an ENB...

Lame... So sad...

Thanks again to everyone for your help, even if it hasn't fixed things, I've learned some more, and I can't fault that... Your a bunch of legend!