Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7

Source: SonyCreativeSoftware.com

Here are some tutorials that anyone new to Sony Vegas should read:

• None Yet

Here are some game-related tutorials related to modding with this tool:

• None Yet

Here are some locations to find more tutorials related to this tool:

• None Yet

Feel free to reply here and let us know of any additional tutorials or tutorial sites that are out there in the wild that we do not know about.

Also, feel free to post any requests for tutorials. I will try to keep a compiled collection of requests on the 2nd post. Bare in mind that requests are generally for ANYONE to complete...not specific to an individual.

List of requested tutorials (number on the end is how many times it has been requested)

• None yet.

I first started using sony editors around 2004 or so. learning curve with this is incredibly easy - especially if you're already good with editors in general. at times it can feel over-simplified cause of how similar it's user interface is to Sony Acid (audio editor if you're not familiar with it. safe to say vegas is acid's clone - fully video-capable), but once you get comfortable using it after a while, it can pretty much do absolutely anything you could think of (from a "gamer/modder" perspective, trailers, advanced/professional transition effects, motion tracking, color correction, you name it). i highly recommend trying this software out

just a quick tip

-always make sure "disable resample" is applied to all of your clips/footage. enabled by default - it creates this incredibly jarring "motion blur/double vision" effect when rendering the final product. not until last year out of pure desperation was i able to figure this out haha. other than that, this thing is a blast to work with!

• 2 months later...

Interesting. I also purchased Vegas for the purpose of YouTube videos. This tool is also known for it's high definition, and if you want to make ingame bink videos, you should get RAD tools.

As for tutorials, I'm not too familiar with everything in Vegas, but then again, I know only the basics. You can click that tab in your video clip, the two boxes and the divider in the middle to add effects to your movie clip. The square tab determines how close up you want to zoom in your clip during the video.

Also, if you're sick and tired of those letterbox formats in your video, you should flip on stretch to video size in render options.

Edited by Lord Slyther

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My college gave us all one license that would allow us to video edit from home which is pretty good I guess. I'm going to make use of the four years license and have used it previously.

Very quick rendering speed, easy to use basic functions and advanced functions fro those who need it.