Messed Up Physics, Flying Objects and Flickering Water

grolschhorne

it Could be that the game is just confused at this point, for one you have..>>iPresentInterval=1 in BOTH skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini. It only belongs in one>>Skyrimprefs.ini. Generating NEW ini files may help.

Cant check your ENBlocal.ini..it was removed.

I found Skyrim to play best with this setup...(144HZ Monitor)

Disable Skyrims VSync (iPresentInterval=0)

Disable ENB FPS limiter & VSync.

Use NVidia's CP To setup your VSync. ( i am currently using... "ON (smooth)" w/ triple buffering / SLI / Threaded Optimizations / Adaptive / single display,and Skyrim runs perfect.

or use the "Half Refresh" setting for VSync in NVidia CP its a little jerky with SLI tho..

EDIT: I should note I added Texture mods and raised settings in ENB till my 2 580's could only hold 50FPS with NO Vsync enabled at all...lol...then turned on VSync in Nvidia . :smile: Extreme battles tend to get a little slugish..(30 FPS) still playable tho.

Hi Camaro,

Sorry for my late response but have been a little busy getting things in place for Christmas, nearly there now lol.

As far as my ini files go, I am not sure which one is supposed to have what as they were the "recommended" ones from nexus manager so I just downloaded them and followed the insturctions for my setup. I didnt add anything myself, I just used them as recommended. I can't be sure as its a while since I downloaded them but this may be the link i am referring to (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51300/?). If you could suggest what to remove from which ini to improve the game I would be happy to do so as I am loving skyrim, but hating the current bugs I am getting.

Not sure why they would remove the enblocal ini file, but here it is again anyway. http://pastebin.com/xDdrhB2W

Thanks for your response

Grolschhorne

Edit, I also removed the ini files and let the game re-generate them too, but when I started a new game the carriage ride was all over the place and even climbed a mountain! It was rather nausea inducing to say the least.

Edited by grolschhorne

Mods cause the wacky ride at the start, The intro is heavily scripted and all mods usually do is interfere. IT is possible that with a very stable set of mods you can, make it thru (I did with over 200 mods active) but for the most part everyone has problems with script heavy mods running. Disable any not needed for character, IE: Race menu , hair, beards, brows....ect ect. Then once past the tutorial and exit cave, save and start adding mods . Load often, save often.

Some weirdness with your INI files...16 X AF in both ENB and Skyrimprefs,ini. And NO AA in either?

Skyrimprefs.ini

iMaxAnisotropy=16 <<<Since you have ENB it is best to set this to 0 in this ini.

bFull Screen=0

iPresentInterval=1 <<<<You have Skyrim doing Vsync IF also on in Nvidia they may be conflicting...pick one (i Use Nvidia's)

iMultiSample=1 <<<NO AA it is also OFF in the ENB...leave this off and try some AA in ENB....

ENBlocal.ini (Picked some things out to go over)...:)

====================

//home
KeyFPSLimit=36 <<<,the HOME key turns ON and OFF the limiter, make sure you haven't toggled it by mistake. As you do have it set below.

=======================
[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true <<<is set to ON SO it should be limiting you to 60 FPS, (unless disabled see note above).
FPSLimit=60.0
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16 <<,Best to leave this ON and turn OFF AF in skyrimprefs.ini above.
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=false <<< no Vsync from ENB...
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0
[ANTIALIASING] <<<<Since you have NO AA in Skyrim...set some AA here, should help lower your FPS a few also...lol
EnableEdgeAA=false <<<This is normal AA set to True
EnableTemporalAA=false <<, drops me to about 5 FPS...hahah
EnableSubPixelAA=false <<,IF your rig can handle it, you should set this to True also (check FPS when set to True)

EnableTransparencyAA=false
When you Open the ENB menu INgame [shift + Enter] the FPS is displayed at the top of the upper box. Pressing / num pad divide? will show the FPS on the screen while playing. Any thing not clear just holler, i know i threw a lot at you all at once...sorry.

Mods cause the wacky ride at the start, The intro is heavily scripted and all mods usually do is interfere. IT is possible that with a very stable set of mods you can, make it thru (I did with over 200 mods active) but for the most part everyone has problems with script heavy mods running. Disable any not needed for character, IE: Race menu , hair, beards, brows....ect ect. Then once past the tutorial and exit cave, save and start adding mods . Load often, save often.

Some weirdness with your INI files...16 X AF in both ENB and Skyrimprefs,ini. And NO AA in either?

Skyrimprefs.ini

iMaxAnisotropy=16 <<<Since you have ENB it is best to set this to 0 in this ini.

bFull Screen=0

iPresentInterval=1 <<<<You have Skyrim doing Vsync IF also on in Nvidia they may be conflicting...pick one (i Use Nvidia's)

iMultiSample=1 <<<NO AA it is also OFF in the ENB...leave this off and try some AA in ENB....

ENBlocal.ini (Picked some things out to go over)... :smile:

====================

//home
KeyFPSLimit=36 <<<,the HOME key turns ON and OFF the limiter, make sure you haven't toggled it by mistake. As you do have it set below.

=======================
[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true <<<is set to ON SO it should be limiting you to 60 FPS, (unless disabled see note above).
FPSLimit=60.0
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16 <<,Best to leave this ON and turn OFF AF in skyrimprefs.ini above.
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=false <<< no Vsync from ENB...
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0
[ANTIALIASING] <<<<Since you have NO AA in Skyrim...set some AA here, should help lower your FPS a few also...lol
EnableEdgeAA=false <<<This is normal AA set to True
EnableTemporalAA=false <<, drops me to about 5 FPS...hahah
EnableSubPixelAA=false <<,IF your rig can handle it, you should set this to True also (check FPS when set to True)

EnableTransparencyAA=false
When you Open the ENB menu INgame [shift + Enter] the FPS is displayed at the top of the upper box. Pressing / num pad divide? will show the FPS on the screen while playing. Any thing not clear just holler, i know i threw a lot at you all at once...sorry.

Thanks for the info again Camero, its much appreciated.

I have made the changes that you have suggested and have played the game for a while and it seems that the problems are still persisting, though not as frequent as they were before. I have also noticed that now there are certain areas that seem to drag my fps down immensely, which I had not really experienced before. Again, these seem to be internal locations and so far I can name Radiant Raiment in Solitude as one, and the basement level of the companions Jorrvaskr. I can't seem to keep the FPS on screen during play either, I tried both / & \ along with a few other keys and so in the end I just kept the alt & enter menu screen open as I ran around. I would notice that my FPS would normally be between 60 & 100 fps during normal areas, but when I entered one of these areas it would drop right down to 5-15 fps and so the game became very sluggish and unresponsive whilst in these buildings.

Also, with regards to the home key:- I have this mapped as my "wait" button as I use the right hand side of the keyboard to play as opposed to WASD, so does this mean that every time I am using "wait" I am turning the FPS limiter on & off? If so, do I need to remap my "wait" key or can I remap the FPS limiter?

Thanks Again

Grolschhorne

REmap the ENB key to something else....also the Key to show FPS could have been the * (star ) on the num pad...least i thought it was that for me. (will have to check in game.)

Funny you mention those two locations , i have read that before, something about a chandelier and SMIM meshes?...will have to dig that up..

Download SPM (Skyrim Performance Monitor). Run that while playing, then post the Graph. I used that extensively while i set up my load order , with it you can really get a handle on how your system is doing.

EDIT:...dug around for what i read on the FPS drop...>>http://forum.step-project.com/topic/979-enhanced-lights-and-fx-by-anamorfus/?p=68118

Edited by camaro_69_327

Just to confirm, are you using Mod Organizer? I didn't find out for a while that it had its own copies of the .ini files because of the Profiles feature. If you are, they'll be in Mod Organizer/profiles/(name of your profile, usually "Default").

REmap the ENB key to something else....also the Key to show FPS could have been the * (star ) on the num pad...least i thought it was that for me. (will have to check in game.)

Funny you mention those two locations , i have read that before, something about a chandelier and SMIM meshes?...will have to dig that up..

Download SPM (Skyrim Performance Monitor). Run that while playing, then post the Graph. I used that extensively while i set up my load order , with it you can really get a handle on how your system is doing.

EDIT:...dug around for what i read on the FPS drop...>>http://forum.step-project.com/topic/979-enhanced-lights-and-fx-by-anamorfus/?p=68118

Hi Again Camaro, sorry for my late response but I have been rather busy again with Christmas Prep. I can't wait for 1 weeks time where I can just sit back, relax and kill some Thalmor lol.

I will have to look at changing the ENB key settings when I have more time as to be honest I am not totally sure how to just change it, unless it is in the in-game key bindings. Regardless, I will figure it out and make sure that it is no longer bound to the home key, as I do like my current key binding layout.

Thank you for the link to the SMIM/ELFX thread too, as it does indeed solve the issue with those two places. All I had to do was rename impchandelliercandle01.nif and now both areas run as they should do. It appears that everything you have helped me with has solved my issues almost completely, though until I have some more time to play I am restricted to an hour here or there so I won't really know for sure until I can have a monster play session. I am very, very happy with the current results though and in general the game seems to be a lot more stable and playable.

Thank you very much for your continued assistance, it really is very much appreciated. I owe you several black briar meads for your help for sure!

Just to confirm, are you using Mod Organizer? I didn't find out for a while that it had its own copies of the .ini files because of the Profiles feature. If you are, they'll be in Mod Organizer/profiles/(name of your profile, usually "Default").

I am not using mod organiser no to my knowledge, as I use Nexus Mod Manager. I have checked the NMM folder to see if their are profiles as you suggest but there doesn't appear to be a folder named such. Thank you for the thought though, it is appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I had exactly the same problem! 100% the same. It all started when I installed ENB Real Vision with all the additional mods that it requires. I tried all the solutions that you suggested here. I don't know what it was that helped in the end (I guess the FPS limiter) but it WORKED!! Thank you so much!

• 2 years later...