need help with Collision mesh

JoKelly

I have several custom building kit pieces I've made but the sticking point is Collision mesh. I gave up using 2.49 for many reasons and use 2.6 and most recently 2.72b ( I like the UI and ease of use). What I cant seem to find is a decent way to set up a collision mesh that doesn't use the Bounds set up.

I cant find a .py for 2.72 to make a collision mesh and can not find anything but bounds in the system.

each piece is a entire building i.e 'Adobe tower' or ceremonial platform and need to be used for the characters to walk on etc.. for example the tower is one complete mesh, the tower top platform is a second mesh, the outer wall of the tower and the top and inner wall of the towers parapet need a collision mesh, as does the floor of the platform. I would like to keep the complexity of the collision mesh low to cut down on CPU use but at this point I'll take any good method.

The plan is to export as .3ds then import into Nifscope.

I've never played with Collision in Blender, but they are quite easy to set up in NifSkope, especially simple ones (box, capsule or sphere shaped), they also have a very low impact, due to their simplicity.

It is possible to combine several of these shapes to make more complex ones or even generating complex collision with NifSkope.

What game are you modding?