I won't be working on Destruction Overhaul anymore

KiCHo666

As the title says.

The reasons:

1. There's too many problem with it. Crashes, severe performance drops, bugs, bloating...even uninstalling is problematic.

2. I'm the only one working on it and it too much job for one person. From modelling, texturing, applying havok, tweaking in Nifskope, dealing with GECK's BS, everything...

3. Compatibility patch is needed for all mods that adds places, cells, edits to cells and worldspaces....Basically, you would have a load order full of compatibility patches just for one mod and I myself hates cluttering load order with CPs.

4. I simply don't have the time or will to continue working on it. I have stuff to do in RL and I spent hundereds of hours working on mod and I'm burned out.

I really had a lot's of ideas and stuff I wanted to achive with this mod, but it's just too much to deal with.

Sorry!

I suggest you uninstall this mod by doing it in this order:

1. Install this save game cleaner: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49396/?
It will reset all objects to original position, so if you moved containers, destroyed stuff or anything, it should reset it to original position. Just follow the steps included in the description.

2. Run the game once just to test if objects are in the original place.

3. Uninstall the Destruction Overhaul.

- MadAce

this is sad one of the best mod i have see in a few time, though is understandable this mod is a big time sink

i just hope you can pass the project and dont just trow all your hard work to the trash ;) ,

any way thanks it's still actually fun to play with it i may use this mod time to time and after a few days in game i just clean up my save again.

Thanks for creating this not matter it was not perfect i appreciate all the hard work you did here, Happy Holidays :happy:

A real shame mate, had some epic moments playing with this mod on, sadly had to uninstall due to incompatibility with custom interiors, overall I wanna thank you for your hard work, you pulled of something pretty advanced and awesome with the shitiest engine ever, and that's no small feat, so good job and gl in any other porjects ( mod related or not) that you decide to undertake! ;)

A shame indeed, it's a great idea and had it been completed and stabilized would have been one of the best mods to date.

I understand the burnout and the desire to do other things, but please don't trash your mods again. Maybe give perms for someone else to pick up the torch and continue working on it.

You really should upload a file with the originally files,because it overwrites vanillia files wich cant be restored (ok you could reinstall the game but
this is much easier! :wink:I deleted all files this mod added ,and now all boxes and other objects this mod made 'moveable' are now gone (red markers)

If there is an alternative solution for this pls tell me

You really should upload a file with the originally files,because it overwrites vanillia files wich cant be restored (ok you could reinstall the game but

this is much easier! :wink:I deleted all files this mod added ,and now all boxes and other objects this mod made 'moveable' are now gone (red markers)

If there is an alternative solution for this pls tell me

As a matter of fact if you installed it via NMM you can undo everything with no issues, if you went the manual route you're kinda screwed, still try the savegame cleaner he suggested and it might fix the problem for you.