Creation Kit Exporting Facegen via Mod Organizer

PsYchoMurder

Hello, i mainly don't post here on forums, because i try to figure out stuff by myself before posting, and therefore in the end i manage somehow.

But this thing has been bugging me for hours and i can't seem to figure this out ...

In Short:

Where do exported facegen textures go if i export from CK through MO?

Long:

I try exporting a NPC's facegen texture in CK through MO (By selecting the modified NPC and clicking CTRL+F4) , and it exports successfully but i can't find where the exported facegen files go...

I thought it would go to the overwrite folder, but it's not there, and it's not in the mod's folder.

The export is definitely successful because i tested it in-game and everything's working.

I would very appreciate some help here :D

P.S. English is not my native language so sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes :tongue:

I launched CK through MO.

Created a test plugin.

Made a small edit to an NPC

Saved the plugin

Exported the face gen data

Exited the CK

Looked in MO's overwrite folder

Everything was present there.

If you are loading a mod that already has the NPC modified, then the changes to the face gen data should go straight to the mod folder instead of the overwrite folder. If your are making a patch to another mod, it might be possible that MO is putting the face gen data into the original mod folder instead of into the patch folder. That is the one flaw (by design) with MO, output files by third party utilities are put in to the lowest active mod folder that has the file. If it can't figure out where it should go then and only then does it get put into the overwrite folder.

So check your mod folders, it has to be there somewhere.... especially since it works in game.

First of all Ishara thanks for ur help ! :D
Thanks to you i double checked and triple checked the mod folder, but was still confused as to where the hell are the facegen data i exported.

After a few mins i figured out what's wrong.
Actually the mod i edited already came with same facegen data, i just edited those and some others "actors" that were not included.
the thing that confused me was the number of files, it was less then there was supposed to be.

http://i61.tinypic.com/as7.jpg

The highlighted Actors facegen data was missing ... and i thought that the exported files were somewhere else...

after a few minutes staring at the screen, i jumped off the chair staring dumb-folded at the screen while face palming myself :laugh:

I edited the damn character presets, and thought they were random nameless NPC spawns :pinch:

So in the end it was my mistake :geek:

Everything was exported to the edited mod's folder.

P.S. no more pot while modding Skyrim.