Custom Follower Tutorial [Fixed]

Mattiewagg

So as you may know, my site, Skyrim MW, has a bunch of tutorials. One of them was a tutorial (not written by myself) on creating a follower that didn't use the vanilla system.

It was a mess, and while some got it working it was hard to figure out and such. So it's now been rewritten by Jac, who made Morte in Skyrim with the tutorial.

Here's the link:

http://skyrimmw.weebly.com/skyrim-modding/making-a-custom-follower-framework-skyrim-modding-tutorial

I'm curious to see if it works for you guys. I'll be testing today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the link Matthiaswagg, I'll probably be testing it soon as I want to add a new NPC to the mod I'm working on :smile:.

Great. Tell me if it works out. I'll be testing today or tomorrow, depending on whether or not my sickness clears up.

Great. Tell me if it works out. I'll be testing today or tomorrow, depending on whether or not my sickness clears up.

Hey Matthias, I just took a look at your tutorial, it seems pretty clear to me. I've created NPCs before but just the quick way, and never a follower. What's interesting to me here is the possibility to create your own hireling framework which can be independent from - and hopefully not conflicting with - follower mods like AFT or UFO. It may just be me and my poor English but I don't get why you need to create a Global variable though if it's a unique NPC with its very own quests, including dialogues - but I haven't gotten into the CK yet to put it in practice - it may become obvious when I do.

It is specifically said that the global variable is NOT necessary - it is used if you want to limit the amount of followers on your custom follower framework you can have at one time. It is a value which will contain the amount, and it is important if you want that so you can reference the global. But it is not needed otherwise.

@ Matthiaswag: yeah, that's what I figured - I'll have to take a closer look at the way hirelings are implemented in the game - thanks. Since you seem to be at ease with followers, would you mind if I come back to you if I have specific questions?