Distant Detail.esp Error in LOOT, Game crashing Randomly

jShmitty777

I have quite a few mods, and loaded them one by one with NMM, running loot between each install to be sure that there weren't any load order or conflicting issues. After about an hour or two of game play, it will crash randomly (after fresh install of all mods, went from game start to just arriving at Whiterun before it crashed). When I open LOOT and look at Report Viewer, it now tells me I have 1 error under "Dinstant Detail.esp" CRC: 91262597. it also reads "Error: Use Distant DetailHF.esp". I have looked at the Nexus to see if there is a Distant DetailHF mod or whatever that might be, but this patch did nothing for my error. I have tes5edit but have almost no expirience using it, and wouldn't know what to do. Please help me figure out why this is happening.

I think maybe your using the wrong DistantDetail.esp. Searching the nexus I see there are 2 different ones. The second has "HF" and is meant for ppl with Hearthfire installed.

Anyone using mods should really learn about load order and mod conflict imo. These 2 videos are great. One teaches you to use LOOT for load order and the other TES5EDIT to check for mod conflicts and errors:

Ok first use LOOT to sort your load order. Video here:

Then watch this video and use TES5EDIT as he prescribes: