Substance Painter

Canlocu

Hello I was trying to google something on Substance Painter and re-texturing Skyrim Armors and weapons. Substance Painter is on sell on steam for $40-50 but I am unsure if I can use it.

I wanted to know how would one export .nif (Mesh) and (.dds) for textures to SP and after editing them export back?

Thank you for your time if you have it.

/cheers

That is a really advanced question. I'll share what I know from limited experience.

After you unpack the BSA'S from the skyrim (lots of exporter tools here.)

You use nif scope with 3ds auto desk to manipulate files and formats. I know that's a general statement but I'm just diving into this myself. The best I can do it point you in the right direction.

http://www.brainpoof.com/tutorial-videos/game-modding/12-skyrim/13-1-creating-custom-armors-step-by-step/9-1-creating-armors-for-skyrim-introduction/

These gents put together a VERY extensive how to guide. And it's what most people use/go by.

Best of luck man getting set up is part of the headache.

Also make sure you get 2012 for autodesk (you can get it for free they'll show you how.)

Nif format is not support Substance Painter. Import nif file into Blender and export to other format. Perhaps FBX can import into Substance Painter.

DDS textures can import Substance Painter.

I recommend to watch official tutorial video to learn about Substance Painter.