Proper Argonian Retexture

WilliamImm

Am I the only one who feels that Argonians got little focus when it comes to retextures of their body? Yes, I know there are a few out there already, but none of them really meet my needs. I want an Argonian body replacer that enhances them, yet doesn't change their racial look. I also want something that is compatible with some Argonian-specific mesh replacers - notably the various feet replacers (Raptor Feet, Grimoas's feet, Reptillian Feet). And, of course, usable with body replaces - not just UNP and CBBBE, but also something that works for the various versions of Better Males (FavoredSoul and Sundracon).

I'm no texture artist, but I will say that full compatibility for the various feet mods and body replacers would seriously work. However, for me, I'm most likely going to be using UNP, Better Males (Sundracon), and Raptor Feet in my playthoughs, so that combination should get priority. Of course, don't forget vanilla.

And yes, I know there's going to be multiple options. To the author who decides to undergo this project, I will provide NMM/MO and Bash installers for it. I can also provide mod page maintenance and even hosting if you need a maintainer.

Who's up to making a proper Argonian retexture?

Edited by WilliamImm

I know Forgotten Argonian Roots exists, but that's not what I'm looking for. It's not really compatible with the feet replacement mods. And it's not compatible with the version of Better Males that I want to actually use (Sundracons).

And yes, I'm planning on using Digitgrade Beast Races Full DLC Edition for the feet replacer. I just said "Argonian Raptor Feet", since the mentioned mod incorporates Raptor Feet, and compatible textures for Raptor Feet are compatible textures for Digitgrade Beast Races.

Edited by WilliamImm

Which is the reason why I'm looking for interested texture artists for the project. There are Argonian body retextures, just none that really satisfy my needs. At least, not currently. Edited by WilliamImm

Actually, I said more than that. I would like it not to stray too far from the intent of the Argonian's look, but something that would enhance it further. No turning them into draconic humanoids, for instance. Keep them reptillian/amphibian looking, like how they are in the base game.

Beyond that, I'm willing to accept whatever comes up. Additionally, body mod compatibility was something that I struggled to really find with Argonians, esp. with the combination I want to use (as stated in the intro).

Edited by WilliamImm

• 1 month later...

I don't know of Derok and/or Drohung have worked on Argonian texture. If not, though, and if someone else does, I hope it will also work with Unique Beast Races when it's finally released. There's a thread about it, but I'm new here, and haven't gotten through it all yet.