CTD, no solution?

Stefijn

Sometimes old tech and new tech do not blend well together. And Yes to the Above i am using Win7 (x64). Have not specifically COC'ed Whiterun will do that in a bit.... But i was running all around Riften yesterday..lol

Post this LOG for me..>> skse_steam_loader.log Found in your......\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE folder.

Just a thought , have you tried the "system drivers " for WIN 7 on win 8?... I looked at the site for your motherboard and for that board all they have is drivers (chipset) for win 7 , so all you have are Generaic drivers? and have not installed a system Driver? I would look at this is a possible point of instability.

EDIT:...Did the "coc whiterun" forgot that it starts a new game ..lol had to stand still for about 3 -5 mins as all the scripts ran for a 250+ load order... :smile: Ran all around the area, talked to a few people , alea , (by the giant)...by the way..that was LOUD. the COC places you on the Bridge by the Waterfall, was not expecting that.

PIC

Does your Sound behave for everything, do you have drivers for sound for the Win 8?

Edited by camaro_69_327

Updated the drivers with the win7 64bit drivers for motherboard and sound, but still the same problem. I don't think I ever had soundproblems under win 8

I've also enabled logging in the ini file. Find attached the SKSElog + papyruslogs.

I tried 4 times, the game only CTDd in the first try. However, there's a "VM is frozen" in most papyrusfiles. I found this:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/703954-are-you-having-constant-exterior-ctds-ive-finally-found-your-solution/

Could it be that "coc whiterun" from the menu (start a new game directly from main menu) could cause the same problem as described above ?

quote: The solution is to REMOVE ALL MODS that are related to altering the beginning and not to use savegames that skip the Helgen sequence

I do not use any mods at all, except the DLC, but I DO skip the Helgen sequence by using "coc whiterun". On the other hand, if this would be a problem with a default game (like I'm using) more people should suffer from this...

I could try the following:

- start a normal game

- go through helgen quest (boooorrringggg)

- savegame on Whiterun bridge

- load game and try if it CTDs the same way.

(I should mention that the CTDs are NOT related to this specific location, whiterun bridge. Same occurs on every "coc" around whiterun and probably on other heavy locations)

Edited by Stefijn

I do not ever enable the Papyrus logging, it takes resources better suited to running the game. Yes start a new Game. I see so many people say that about the start...it takes about 10 mins..:) ONLY enable mods needed to make your character, IE Race, hair Brows , Beards ...ect. Once you are out of the cave and the Quest is finished (Unbound), Save. Now IF you want a 1000 hour game, take the time NOW to ensure you have a 100% stable game. Enable ONE mod, load the game , wait for any Script , MCM menu, Save. Exit and repeat.

That is the safe way to get all your mods installed, I went for the extreme, as this is the second play-thru with my setup , I am confident i could ....load all 304 MODS (235 ESP/M's) and Press Start. I made it through Helgen....:).

Once you have all your mods installed >.Google "Vurts Stress Test" Use 1000 instead of the 1500....IF you can not run that test for 15 MINS you have issues. I ran that test for 45 mins covered all of Skyrim a few times, got bored and closed, no crash. (fly low fly fast).

Ohhh and from what i understood, the "VM is frozen" is normal, it is saying the game is paused for a save?..something like that.

Okay, I'll first go see if I still get the CTDs when I follow these steps and don't skip Helgen.

If so, then I'll try a new install of win8 + Skyrim. If that fails, I'll just stick to my win7 partition for Skyrim.

(I just enalbed papy-logging only for this purpose, it's off again)

Pffttt..I even had a CTD going through the Helgen quest (entering the last "dungeon" where you meet 5/6 guards) so that doens't even run properly.

I think it's my PC then in combination with win 8. I think I'll do some stabilitytesting on the win 7 and then stick with that.

Tnx for the tips