Follower won't follow, sorta (turned follower into vampire with better vampires)

Vicaris

So, Serana and I were doing the Destroy Dawnguard quest. I killed everyone but Beleval, who happened to not see any of it while practicing archery.

So I decided to turn her into a vampire, here's how it went down:

• Quit the game, installed Better Vampires mod.
  • Used the skill to turn people into vampires.
  • Since she's a follower, she became available as a follower once I turned her.
  • Dismissed Serana
  • Recruited Beleval
  • Used console command to set Destroy Dawnguard to 100, since I didn't want to kill Beleval.
  • Beleval won't follow me unless I turn into a werewolf (yeah I have the werewolf vampire hybrid mod).

She can be traded with, I can tell her to go places and do things. BUT she will refuse to go through the door out of Fort Dawnguard. She'll do almost everything else though (she wouldn't check her friend's corpses either).

So her follower behavior is broken. Any way to force her into following me? Far as I know, other followers are behaving just fine.

I had the same issue you're having with Better Vampires with Puppet Master. If I hit them with the puppet spell and told them to follow me they would say okay, but wouldn't. I fixed it by installing Amazing Follower Tweaks and using that spell first, then using the other to add the specialty options. I've not tried it with Better Vampires (I have BV on that character too) but you could try and see if it might work.