FPS dropped drastically no idea why

Freyaiwa

Perhaps you have a mechanical issue? Maybe your cooling fans aren't working properly?

Isn't this an issue that would cause the game to slow after my computer heats up? The moment I boot the game it is slow.

How would I go about checking this anyway, as my computer does overheat easily..

Also Camaro, how would I check to see if I am using those texture packs?

You would have these mods enabled in your Load order. You would have had to download about 3 GB of data thru Steam...

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

These are the 3 HR-dlc's i was referring to. Had to search for the names, as even tho i have then loading , i "Optimized" them and have MO loading them as ZIPS...so i don't actually see these in my load order...lol

Bethesda released 3-"HI resolution Texture packs" they are the DLC's i was referring to, Not...Dawnguard, hearhtfire, and dragonborn. I was making sure you weren't loading them. As those texture packs would be too much for your GPU.

Did you make sure the entire , "other" version was completely removed before Downloading from Steam? Even the Registry and all folders?...including "APPData" "Skyrim folder" and "My Docs"?

Make sure when ever you mention the "other version" you also mention you have it on Steam (and that's the version you are using) as a pirated version is a Ban-able offence here. But as long as you can prove you have it on Steam they would lift the ban...lol.

I have no problems with Steam running , as everyone else, we may complain, but I haven't had a single problem in the 3+ years i have been playing Skyrim.

Yeah, that was actually when my computer had to be wiped (for other reasons, actually caused by adobe....long painful story)

Lost everything save for the NPC file of my character that I don't know how to do anything wiht lol

• 2 weeks later...