Skyrim crashes randomly

mikeatwar

Oh, that's wonderful. :smile: Load order sorts my issues out 95% of the time. I've been testing a setup for a playthrough for about 4 weeks now, which involves LOTS of CTDs and usually if I CTD on a save load I can go back and run LOOT again (sometimes it needs to be run twice) and it fixes the issue. Well, until the next one. haha. Testing is a b*tch and CTDs are rampant.

Well, it could be a few things. The game running out to memory, which your new SKSE ini will help with. You could be running out of VRAM as well. How much VRAM do you have? The last thing is that Skyrim crashes. It just does. I personally have few crashes that are caused by anything but load order or mods, but it does happen every now and again. I usually crash when the game is trying to load too many things at once. I have Animellica spawning more animals and Immersive Patrols spawning people out in the world, plus Skyrim's random vanilla encounters. Sometimes when they all spawn at once it causes a stutter. I can usually tell when Immersive Patrols is spawning a big battle in front of me, because I get lag. haha. I also run at Ugrids 7, so there's that.

But anyway, many things can cause the freezing and stuttering.

i see i see, well thanks for all the help. I believe that my main issue has been completely sorted out