Is there any mod or menu setting to turn off the low health filter?

valtiel32

I find it really annoying in Skyrim when you have low health and the whole screen turns red and you cant see a bloody thing. Whoever thought this was a good game design must have been making the game for children. YES I KNOW I HAVE LOW HEALTH I JUST GOT HIT BY A GIANT. It gets me killed more times than not because i cant see anything, including where my enemies are and I end up just walking into walls. I dont know if this is supposed to be intended for immersion or whatever but I find it really annoying and there doesnt appear to be a menu setting to disable it

help?

This is not a vanilla feature. This sounds to me like an aspect of Epic Gameplay Overhaul, specifically the Important Information Overhaul module - you've probably also noticed that the screen gets blurry when you run low on stamina, and becomes desaturated when you run out of magicka. The idea behind this is to minimise the need for the HUD and replace it with more "immersive" indications of your status. You either installed this along with the rest of the grouped EGO mod, or installed it separately from its own mod page; I would guess the former.

There's an entry in the MCM labelled EGO - IIO that will let you either disable or configure the strength of these effects.

Not to put too fine a point on the matter, but you would know all this had you read the description pages for each module before installing EGO. It's important to read descriptions in their entirety before installing a mod. If you don't read it, you can't know what the mod does and will run into frustrations like this.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad