Starting to Merge Mods for the first time and need some help

Anubitus

Hi,

I am very new to modding skyrim and have up until now just installed mods. First using ModManager and now with ModOrganiser.

My game is heavly modded up to the point where i have no more room for new mods, so i wanted to merge some mods together to save some .esp spots for some other mods i wanted to install, namely some follower mods..

I succesfully merged around 20 small mods into one (border banners, border gates, point the way.. that kind of great mods to spice up the world) and i thought i try something else now.

There are about 10 follower mods i would like to merge into one .esp file..

Would anyone please tell me how to do this..?

I have tried a few things but the followers always have grey faces, no warpaints. Amongst the things i have tried is the Merge plugin script for TES5Edit and the way described here http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/904953-how-to-merge-multiple-mods-with-multiple-master-files/

Some more questions:

some of the mods have loose files, what do i do with them? are they automaticly added to a .BSA file? if not, do i have to do this mannually? i have seen that a lot of these follower mods have files with the same names like the files named "00000D62.dds" and "00000D62.tga" so i cant just put them in a folder since they will just overwrite eachother, so what do i do with these..? They are not the same file since they have diffrent sizes..

i also noticed that the TES5Edit merge script creates a empty "meshes" and a empty "textures" file in the ModOrganiser Overwrite folder, what are they for? All these two folders contain are some subfolders but there are no actual files in them.. should i put them along with the Merged.esp file into a new mod? or shall leave them in the overwrite folder (or even delete them)? At first i thought i should put all the loose files in these folders but that dont seem to work..

I have cleaned the Merged.esp with TES5Edit after i created it and after i closed down TES5Edit, i opened it again and checked the Merged.esp file for errors again but none where found..

What am i missing here.. i hope somebody is willing to help me..

Friendly greetings

AnU