Female follower army

vram1974

So I decided to install some follower mods. I started with Vilja, of course. But then I was trying the Lylvieve Sisters mod and noticed that there's an option to get one sister to follow Vilja. That made 2 followers. Then I installed the Sofia follower mod and expected her to replace Vilja but instead all 3 are now following me.

Is there a maximum to how many can follow me? With 3 followers they are basically mowing down whatever I don't stealth kill with my bow.

Pretty funny.

Yes. Vanilla follower system allows you one follower, one spouse and one dog. DLC's add one child iirc. However you're using unique modded followers and most of them have unique follower systems that are outside of the vanilla system so they effectively expand what you can have by not registering on the vanilla system as a follower at all. There's also follower overhauls that will let you have up to 100 followers at a time.

If you want to keep all of your followers and not have as many problems with stealth there's a follower stealth overhaul as well. You'll find it in the stealth category on the first page.

You should get EFF and "My Home is Your Home" plus "summon follower spell" and then you can oodles of followers. I find 5 is about the most useful for numbers at anyone time following you, but with EFF I have 50 followers relaxing that I can call upon as required and cycle them through.

Anduniel and Cewiden are two very well done female followers which add quests and interesting chats. Selene Kate is fun and gives you dancing animations (be sure to use FNIS first) Bri- A sexy companion adds a hottie with a nice house.

You can have more followers then the game engine could ever run, with the Vanilla game and Wrye Bash. In the "Tweak" section of the Bashed Patch you can set the amount of "Companions", you can input a custom Number try 200. You can also raise the amount of summons you are allowed..:)

I've actually done this with EFF. Everyone's rig is different, but on my system going over about 25 causes so much stutter that the game isn't fun to play anymore. Plus, with that many, only about half will ever actually get into most fights because the ones in back are so far behind. Also, doorways become a real pain; if you're going to do this, get used to the tcl command. That being said, I second the above comment that 5-10 is the max to have actually following you at any one time; any more than that and your game starts to get laggy along with the issues I already mentioned.

As far as followers go, Mirai is a great choice; she uses her own follower AI and she's custom-voiced. The vampire version of Victoria Velina is a WIP, and she's a little OP, but she's also custom-voiced (and a smokin-hot voice it is). I also recommend Selene Kate, she's a must for me just for the healing and buffs she will cast on you. If you just want pretty, anything by VRApollo/VRDaphnie is a sure bet.

For follower mods, AFT is the best one as far as managing followers goes. You can only have 5 following you at once, but it will manage up to 32 and it handles custom-voiced followers well. EFF allows up to 100 followers, and if your system can handle it, they can all follow you at once. However, by default it doesn't work well with custom-voiced followers; if you go this route, be sure to get the mind control spell as that allows you to manage those (sort-of). There are others out there, but I've either never used them, or didn't like them enough to keep using them.

Thank you for the follower and mod suggestions. I have tried out a few things including installing the Follower Framework mod.

I have a question. The follower Sofia has impressed me the most in terms of random things she does. While Vilja has a lot of good dialogue, Sofia is the most natural NPC I've ever seen. She doesn't follow me too close, and when I stop she sits down and eats bread or relaxes. I actually stopped a quest dialogue once because she sat down crosslegged on the grass and that blew me away.

Is there any follower mod that can get the other followers to act like Sofia in a more natural way?

I'm not positive on this, but I believe that has to do with the AI package she was set up with. Serana does the same thing. As far as mods go, I'm not sure; I know AFT modifies sandbox behavior to some extent, but I cant remember how much, I haven't used it in a while. Hopefully somebody else can chime in.

I liked AFT, but it gave me to many problems with unique followers and I found EFF far more stable and reliable. Vilja comes with a "reset spell" that is great and restoring wonky followers. If you need a player home which is good for followers, get the "luxury Bathhouse" mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11427/?

Edited by Colinpark