Character CTD when unequipping armor

ogre51

Hello,

I have a restarted a playthrough as a Nord Female Hunter/Explorer type. For the 1st time playing so many different characters as I have I am CTD'ing whenever I attempt to unequip the body armor.

It does not matter if it is favorited, enchanted, unenchanted, plain, cheap, expensive. I enjoy playing immmersive so when I take a shower, bathe or enter a pool I unequip my gear. The CTD occurs also regardless of being indorrs or outdoors.

As for body mods I use UNP, XPS32 skeleton and nude females mod. I have deactivated each and reloaded them to no avail. Kinda stumped. I have recently added a number of mods yet other than this

situation gameplay is smooth and "bug" free.

In this characters creation I had Racemenu, Race Compatiblity, Lunari race, Race Compatiblity patch , 3 ApacheHair's,(Main, Female and Male) active. I also use Realistic ragdolls, HDT High Heels. I always activate Realistic Ragdolls then redo XPS32 Skeleton as ragdolls overwrites a bunch of stuff. I use EFF as my Follower Control Mod.

New mods added for this gameplay are Moonpaths of Elsweyr, AHZ-MoreHUd, FCO-Follower Commentary, Sabre Fur Bags, WiC cloaks(+Cloaks of Skyrim Patch), Sit Anywhere(after CTD started though), Cloaks of Skyrim(+Dawnguard Patch), Inigo, Chesko-Frostfall, HunterBorn(+ Frostfall Patch), Fishing in Skyrim and Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger. I have yet to utilize any resources from these added mods except Hunterborn kill/process procedures.

I sort via Loot. I have the latest Loot, Skyui, Skyse installed. The other mods I have been using since it seems forever with no problems, I carefully read all the new additions info pages and much of each of the forums related to the mods. I have all 3 DLC's installed plus the Unoffical Patches associated with them. I have triple checked my plugin order to make certain I have not anything missing. I am getting no error's from Loot and other than this unequip problem (only on my playing toon) the game is performing as I want. Smooth movement, no hitches, good load times etc. I use NMM and keep all my active mods current unless I do not want the upgrade yet. I have 121 active mods currently. MOst of them are standard mods I have used though my games. I gradually add new mods when into my gameplays when starting new.

When starting a new game I reinstall Skyrim, clean the cache, Run Loot, Run Steam version to update it, Run Fnis behavior update, and run Skyse as admistrator. This procedure is the same for all my playthroughs. Before I play from a saved point I always clean the cache via Steam, rerun FNIS regardless whether a new mod has been added or not. I take these safeguards as I have a weak computer. It helps keep my current game stable.

I am at my wits end, I would pull out my hair but am already bald. :smile:

PS: I have a strange feeling that the problem is with Hmm what to wear mod. Will try out a hunch later.

Ogre51

It was not Hmm what to wear. I was grasping at straws and remembered the "None" option. I went back to a clean save after exiting the cave from Helgen and used RaceMenu to switch to Lunari. Seems I may have had a possible negative interaction between the Nord Race wth Lunari active. I can unequip as Lunari fine with no CTD. Next game I will again try a Nord female without Lunari loaded and see if different. Thanks. Ogre51