Game-breaking attack delay- NO mods intalled

Digtoodeep2

So here's the problem: after moving with WASD I cannot attack for at least two seconds. After that, I can melee attack rapidly but only until I move again. I am not using any mods.

I also cannot attack while moving (which I think you are supposed to be able to). I recently got a new computer and did not have this problem on my old one. My current laptop has 16GB of ram, 2GB of video ram, 800GB+ of free hard drive space (its actually a hybrid drive if that matters) and it has an 8GB cache. It is a Dell Inspiron 7000 series. I initially encountered this problem on "Ultra" graphics settings, but it still happen on minimal graphics. My old laptop (Vostro 1700, running Vista 32-bit, with 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM) did not have this problem. I have not tested this with magic yet but the problem seems to be with left and right clicking, either with the buttons or by double-tapping the mouse pad.

Any help is appreciated.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce Graphics card, and that's the one Skyrim is detecting.

EDIT: Even though Skyrim is only detecting the NVIDIA graphics and not the Intel graphics, I changed the "preferred" graphics in the NVIDIA control panel from "let application decide" to "NVIDIA graphics". The other option here was "integrated graphics". I assume this made something different, because the problem is much better now, although the controls are still a lot less responsive than on my old computer. Also, I can't make my character look around while moving unless I first strafe left or right. This particular issue does not seem to be particular to Skyrim.

Edited by Digtoodeep2

Ok, so I stumbled across a solution myself. For anyone else having this same problem, here is what I did:

1. Go to Dell Touchpad Settings, turn off palm-rejection.

2. Navigate to "buttons". Check in the box "disable navigation in button zone"

I'm not sure if both of these things or just one of them are needed to fix the problem, but they fix it.