Some of my 18+ mods aren't working...

Dachimotsu

I'm trying to get nude mods and the Estrus mod working at the same time, but everything is so unnecessarily convoluted, I have to download and install four other mods to get one thing to work properly. Doing all this, however, seems detrimental, and I think the prerequisite mods are conflicting with the primary mods they're supposed to make function.

Here is a list of the mods I currently have installed (barring ones that wouldn't conflict at all):

Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition v3.3b-2666-3-3b (installed because another mod told me to)

Estrus For Skyrim V120-33102-1-2

FNIS Behavior V5_2 -- ALWAYS necessary-11811-5-2 (installed because another mod told me to)

Khajiit Skin v2 Options and Compatibility-4962-v2 (installed because I thought it would overwrite the other, non-working nude mods)

LSAR_All_in_One_Package_for_NMM_ver400-5564-4-00 (installed because another mod told me to)

SkyUI_4_1-3863-4-1 (I have this one installed through Steam Workshop AND Nexus Mod Manager. They don't seem to be conflicting with anything)

UNP Female Texture Replacer NMM Installer v5-3-4686-v5-3-0 (installed because another mod told me to)

I also know (I think) how to use FNIS_Generator_for_Users.exe, which the FNIS mod insists I use like, all the time. I'm also running Skyrim through a new shortcut created by installing the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE). Running it through the normal Steam launcher causes issues.

I didn't have this much trouble back when I was modding Oblivion...

Well I can't help with Estrus. But UNP and CBBE are not compatible texture wise. Also you shouldn't install mods from both NMM and Steam workshop, it might be ok at first but it will give you hell eventually. You see NMM installs what you tell it to, when you tell it to. Steam installs what you subscribe to - every time you open the game launcher; if a mod in your load order has updated since the last time you opened the launcher and you don't know it you're gonna have a problem, especially with a mod like SKYUI.

Also to make SKYUI work, you'll need SKSE which should be in it's requirements.

And it might seem "unnecessary" to you but a requirement means without it the mod doesn't work - which makes it essential. A recommendation on the other hand, is just a suggestion you can ignore.

Yes you need to run the FNIS patcher, every time you add a new mod with NPCs or animations, when you're animations break because you decided to skip it once you'll understand better.

Modding is not a quick, ramshackle smack of a bunch of things together and toddle on. If you do it wrong you will break your game. Trust me, trying to avoid breaking it by following correct procedure is a hell of a lot easier than trying to fix it when you've randomly slapped a bunch of stuff in and have no idea exactly what's wrong or what caused it. And you've chosen a complicated mod, so take the time to understand and install it properly or put it aside till you feel you're ready for it.

Edited by Oubliette

Well, I tried uninstalling the character-specific mods (all of them), but for some reason, the Mod Configuration setting in-game still gives me the option to debug the mods, even after I completely delete them. So I'm re-installing everything for a second attempt.

I'm also gonna back out of trying to use Estrus. From what I can see, everyone's having problems with it... Estrus loses its charm after the first couple times you use it, anyway.