An Actual Realistic Combat Mod...

neffero

Extremely sick of all the combat mods I've come across saying they are realistic when in reality, they are far from it. I usually play on master/expert (legendary on vanilla) and I must say that nothing is balanced, at least with deadly combat/duel - combat realism. I've tried both separately.

Everything about the combat mods is fine and dandy except for health values. I'm at about level 20 now and with the enemies I come across, the ones that are supposed to be challenging, yet with proper strategy beatable, are unstoppable. An enemy takes about 2 hits minimum to kill me, and these are about 50% of the regular enemies I encounter. The rest I can take head on and are truly balanced. As for the stronger enemies, they obliterate me either in one hit or two if I am not at 100%.

Is there a mod that tweaks these health values so enemies are actually balanced to the point where not only I die in 2-5 hots, but the enemy ALSO dies in, I don't know, 8-10? I don't mind hitting a few more times but it really sucks working strategically for 3-5 minutes slashing away at that Draugr Scourge trying not to get 1-shot by his massive hammer only to die because I didn't dodge ONE hammer blow after 3-5 MINUTES of dodging.

Unless there is already a mod for this, please tell me.

This is exactly why I never put the difficulty above adept in Skyrim. Bethesda's difficulty scaling in imbalanced and unrealistic. Just to share the number with you:

Adept:

You deal 1x damage to enemy

Enemy deals 1x damage to you

Expert:

You deal 0.75x damage to enemy

Enemy deals 1.5 damage to you

Master:

You deal 0.5x damage to enemy

Enemy deals 2x damage to you

Legendary:

You deal 0.25x damage to enemy

Enemy deals 3x damage to you.

So as you can see the higher the difficulty, the less damage you do the enemy, but the more the enemy damages you. This is why you have spent 3 to 5 minutes trying to take out your enemy. Even though the enemy can 1 hit you and you may feel that is realistic, the damage you are dealing to the enemy due to the difficulty level in miniscule.

Thus I feel that it is so much better to leave things Adept difficulty and to use mods to change ai combat behavior and the amount of damage weapons do overall. Doing this makes the ai smarter and because everyone's weapon damage has been increase, the enemy can still 1 hit you, but you can 1 hit the enemy as well. That, in my point of view, is the better way of increasing combat difficulty rather than using bethesda's difficulty scale.

Edited by OpenWorldAddict