[Updated] Nexus Trojan/Virus alert

Dark0ne

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah poo...shoulda looked here first...:( How annoying... :pinch: Evil jerks got nothing better to do huh? :verymad:

Just getting Reported Attack Site as well, no virus...

Edited by Illiad86

Well I've run 3 separate programs and got no indications of any viruses, mail ware or spy ware on my PC. But then the only thing I've done withe the down loads is look threw them to see what new mods are available.

And YX33A The answer to your question is yes, the people that use Google and Google related programs would miss it. Hell it was Google that first directed me to Nexus before any other gaming forums could answer my question of "Whats a good safe site to down load mods for TES4" when I first bought it almost two years ago.

Just adding this, the pop-up/SPAM/warning looks like its interfering with the search tools. I was looking up an armour that I know the name of but couldn't recall where the chest spawns. The bloody pop up kept setting the results to 0 of 10. When I went thumbing threw the files I found that enter page function kept dropping me on page1 rather then the one I entered.

I use AVG as well and I've gotten the blocked attack a few times already. I must apologize, it didn't even dawn on me to report it. I guess I am absent minded. Ehehe..

Though, just now, when I got on the site a few minutes ago, I got it again. I'm not sure if it's fixed yet or what. If I have to fill out a report for it, I can, but I was just saying since it's been brought to everyone's attention.

Good to know the problem has been isolated. It is disappointing to know such wicked people exist. I have however done a quick virus scan and am doing a comprehensive one now. Nothing major has shown up...yet. I will report if I come across anything.

The question I am about to ask I doubt will be answerered but I shall ask it anyway. Were there any insiders? I don't mean moderators or admins but just ordinary members. It is probaly a lot easier with a profile than without one to do what has been described.

Slicer51b