[Updated] Nexus Trojan/Virus alert

Dark0ne

The Google warnings appear to be having a side effect. File searches are returning zero results even for known terms, despite telling Firefox to ignore the warning pop-up.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have this minor inconvenience than a virus. I've only just reformatted and would hate to do it again so soon! Having once had the Chernobyl virus that destroyed my whole computer, I'll take the minor inconvenience any day. It'll pass an all will be normal again.

I am still getting either Kaspersky or Goggle warning me not to go on this site...which I am trying to ignore but I can only get to the DragonAge nexus bit not Fallout 3 which it seems to be blocking , will have another go at getting to the other Nexus sites :)

Edit. It is Google and I have noticed this has been spotted now so will keep trying till Google stop blocking me :)

@AlienSlof . That is true I would rather wait a bit than have to go through that hassle :)

Edited by Spaceritual

My apologies for the breach of security on these sites.

Update: Google is reporting the site as malicious right now. This is a report from before the fix and despite the problem being fixed there is some lag on getting delisted from Googles filters. Their webmaster tools report the site is completely clear of Malware so this should just be a waiting game.

Outch. As a person responsible putting together and managing the operations of large corporate web sites, I can only but understand, and feel your pain. Hope this blows over soon. Great web site by the way. I'll be back to check in a few hours.

I simply rely on the much better security of adblocking and having a firewall and updated antivirus. Oh, and running my browser in least-privilege, either by logging in as limited user or using DropMyRights. :thumbsup:

Well that explains it, I followed and got this little detail:

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/287592-1285358368.png

I running on Ubuntu with Firefox and well it's annoying since anything I allow still got truncated in browser. Very well, I hope you got it fixed Dark0ne as you said.

So for the moment we just have to wait to Google get their lazy butt out of the chair and clean the restrictions.

At least this will make me get in bed at time instead of spending to much time on reading up on all interesting things that happens on Nexus :biggrin:

The pic takes some space I see, If this is annoying any Moderator is of course allowed to edit my post to make it better. I'm still not sure of the best approach for this kind of replies.