Console or PC?

LordSn0w

I'm debating now because recently a mod kit was released for inquisition. I originally didn't even consider pc because ea didn't release a mod kit like bethesda did for skyrim (I'm huge skyrim pc fan). Only game I really mod is skyrim so I'm not sure what to expect from inquisition. I don't want to get it for xbox one if I'll end up just buying it again for pc for the mods. So do you expect it to be worth it or should I just buy the Xbox one version? Id personally rather play it on xbox one so I can get achievments and do the co op missions (I heard they're not that big) and stuff but if the modding is expected to be good like better graphics, good looking characters, and stuff kinda like skyrim then I definently will want pc. Also is the multiplayer big on DA:I? Because I will want to get it on xbox one if there is a lot of multiplayer but I heard it isn't a lot.

So you think pc then? I don't have any pc friends that play it so would the multiplayer be worth it to get it on xbox? Also will mods be big on this game or not very much?

Very few mods (other than some armour and hair texture ones) available so far, and likely to stay that way for quite a while since there's no Toolset for the FB3 engine.

Game controls also seem frustrating on the PC (for someone used to the DAO/DA2 UI on the PC).

If the possibility of lots of good mods are the only reason you'd get it on the PC, but otherwise you'd prefer a console version, I'd go with the console one.

Very few mods (other than some armour and hair texture ones) available so far, and likely to stay that way for quite a while since there's no Toolset for the FB3 engine.

Game controls also seem frustrating on the PC (for someone used to the DAO/DA2 UI on the PC).

If the possibility of lots of good mods are the only reason you'd get it on the PC, but otherwise you'd prefer a console version, I'd go with the console one.

Yea that's the only reason. Skyrim was 20x better on pc because of mods that's why I am hesitant to get dragon age on console incase the modding community grows for it. I don't want to buy two copies of it. Id prefer playing on console so I can get achievments and stuff, plus playing on my tv is nicer than playing on my computer screen. I thought there was a toolset thingy now? Didn't someone release one? That's whats holding me back on just buying console version. If there will be lots of character mods, and graphics mods I think I may go pc version. I don't want to play thru the campaign on xbox one and then see on youtube "top 10 daI mods of the week" and get jealous of all of the pc players getting to play it. I trust your knowledge on this as a moderator, so you think it won't be worth it for the mods on this game and there the modding community for it won't be that good?

The "DAI Tools" effort being carried on elsewhere (with updates, links, and some of the results posted here on the Nexus) has so far beeen able to produce appearance mods (hairstyles/colours, armour re-textures, etc.) The team doing the work has grander plans, and some reason to believe they'll be successful in producing even more types of mods, but no idea how long that'll take.

Then there's the CheatEngine tool (which is not specific to DAI) that allows for on-the-fly, in-game modifications of several aspects (camera zoom, inventory capacity, and more.) Not so much "mods" as "adjustments", and it has to be kept running while you're playing.

Not sure why you mention the "achievements and such". Those are exactly the same regardless of which platform you're using.

There are already many DAI "mods" uploaded here, but they are almost all "saved games" (which are mostly brand new character builds) that people wanted to show off.

And that's where things are at present. So you'll still have to decide whether you want to get the PC version and use what mods there are while waiting for more, (which might never happen) or go for the console version now!