Bioware working on Creation Kit?

m3dicat3d

Came across two articles just now online mentioning that Bioware is making a creation kit for modding and thus throwing their support behind modding, and each article mentions the source of this info as a Nexus Mods article, yet I can't seem to find this article for some reason. Here are the url's for the articles:

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/dragon.age.inquisition.to.offer.mods.and.multiplayer.dlc/45107.htm

http://masterherald.com/dragon-age-inquisition-confirmed-moddable-soon/6009/

I wanted to see if anyone knew about this, where the referenced article might be, etc.? I just don't want to get too excited just yet.

The first article is talking about two separate issues. The "DAI Tools" being mentioned here on the Nexus is an independent project by a whole team of people, including some who worked on the ME3Explorer and Skyrim mods. The actual tools are not hosted here, and the project has nothing to do with BioWare, DICE, or EA.

But BioWare are going to release DLC for DAI (no surprise) and that's the other topic in that article.

(BTW: Nobody calls it a "Creation Kit". That's for BethSoft games. For DAO it was called the "Toolset". :cool: )

The first article is talking about two separate issues. The "DAI Tools" being mentioned here on the Nexus is an independent project by a whole team of people, including some who worked on the ME3Explorer and Skyrim mods. The actual tools are not hosted here, and the project has nothing to do with BioWare, DICE, or EA.

But BioWare are going to release DLC for DAI (no surprise) and that's the other topic in that article.

(BTW: Nobody calls it a "Creation Kit". That's for BethSoft games. For DAO it was called the "Toolset". :cool: )

Then that article is completely inacurate. Hardly a shocker that something written on the internet isn't true, but it does say that it is being made by Bioware.

Unless I am missing something?

"developer BioWare announced that the third installment of its hit action-packed role player game will become moddable soon"

"BioWare is planning to come up with a toolkit similar to "Skyrim's" Creating Kit that allows players to make and share contents with other gamers with a click of a button"

Edited by nwmGregM

For want of a better place to put this, I'll put it here anyway: it's fantastic to hear that people are working on mods for this game, I had no idea that modding would even be possible. I'm eagerly awaiting the mods you guys are gonna come up with!

For those wondering about the difference between Creation kit, Tool set, GECK and other such terms, they are all what Geeks call an SDK - or Software Development Kit. The SDK will be different for each game engine, and sometimes between various games using the same game engine. Oblivion,Fallout and Skyrim all use variations on the same engine, but the SDK for each is different enough where one won't work with the other games.

Then that article is completely inacurate. Hardly a shocker that something written on the internet isn't true, but it does say that it is being made by Bioware.

Unless I am missing something?

"developer BioWare announced that the third installment of its hit action-packed role player game will become moddable soon"

"BioWare is planning to come up with a toolkit similar to "Skyrim's" Creating Kit that allows players to make and share contents with other gamers with a click of a button"

Yeah, inaccurate internet article... Quelle surprise! :laugh:

The giveaway was this:

The news about "Dragon Age: Inquisition" mods was confirmed by an article posted by Nexus Mods, a famous modding network.

My guess? The author got confused and attributed the posts about the DAI_Tools to BioWare.

As far as I know, no one from BioWare has posted anything (official) here on the Nexus. Ever.

(And do you really think that the only place they'd make such an announcement would be an independent modding site? :no: )

Rumors and wishful thinking are often taken as fact because it's on the internet so it must be true. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif

Rumors and wishful thinking are often taken as fact because it's on the internet so it must be true. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif

Is this the same as the "If you don't have a facebook, you don't exist" theory?

As for DA:I tools itself, its very exciting to see some of the best modders (lets face it, ~the~ best :P ) working on something like this. The things some people have done with Skyrim are, simply put, amazing. Maybe I'm in a nostalgic mood or something, but it really does give you faith in humanity to see communities like Nexus as opposed to some of the scary internet world out there :D