How to customise an outfit in Nifskope (beginners tutorial)

Site Bot

Hey um I have a question that is somewhat related to this. I was trying to make my own armor for Skyrim. I was combining the steel armor with the novice mage robes, and I got it to look pretty good in nifskope, but when i played the game my armor was invisible, the textures displayed properly in nifskope so im not sure what could be wrong, anyone have an idea that may help?

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New to this and this really helped. I was just wondering under "Adjusting the new shape" portion of the tutorial is there a way to disconnect an object from the skeleton? I was trying to beef up an armor mesh by copying the left arm shoulder pad, paste it and just rotating it to the right arm. Thought it was that easy but I went in game and the shoulder pad was by my characters head. thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help. This is a great tutorial for meshing armor together, but what if I want to add armor to a creature? More specifically, I want to add a vault security helmet onto a vault 34 security ghoul. Can you help?

• 1 month later...
Hey I'm having a bit of trouble with a simple mod I'm doing, basically I want to put a stealth boy on piece of armor, now I can view it in the GECK when I add to the game, but when I view the piece of armor on an npc, to see how it fits, the stealth boy disappears, and I have know idea what's causing it, if someone could help that would be awsome, thanks =]

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question: I'm trying to make my own armor out of parts of the Marked Men armor, specifically the old license plates strapped to their bodies. However, when I select them in NIFskope, a whole bunch of other meshes are selected that I don't need. I only need one little piece on the leg, not the entire body! Is there a way I can "detach" parts from a single large mesh in NIFskope?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way I can "detach" parts from a single large mesh in NIFskope?

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks, looked through dozens of tutorials and videos, none of them explain it. I know that if you go to the BSDismemberSkinInstance of that mesh, then into NiSkinPartition, you can see the Skin Partition Blocks, which split up the mesh into a few different parts. From there, you can change the Num Skin Partition Blocks to a 1 or 2 or whatever and then update and it will crop it down to the first 1 or 2 blocks. However, if for example, you want the 3rd skin partition block, which is what I'm trying to do with something, I can't figure out how to do that because you can't seem to simply change the order of the blocks. Anyway, that's all I know.