No mouse cursor

ElricOfGrans

I have just got my hands on a copy of Morrowind (GOTY) and figured I should put some key mods on before starting a game. After install, I checked that everything installed properly and the patch-level was correct. I was able to load the game and tweak the options. I then installed MGE, mostly with default options (I pressed the `best graphics' button). After this, I loaded Morrowind again (just in case) and found there is no mouse cursor. The mouse still *works* in Morrowind (the menu options highlight as I move the mouse around and I can select them), but I cannot see a cursor. I decided to leave installing the unofficial patches until after this is sorted out.

I run Windows 7 and installed to C:\Morrowind. I tried launching both with Administrator privileges and without (interestingly, MGE did not seem to kick in when I ran with them --- no MGE loading message and lower-resolution). I have a modern system with all the latest drivers.

From what you say it sounds like MGE is at fault. try uninstalling and clean your registry befor you install again (remeber to back up your registry first), that way you'll get all the keys relating to Bethesda and Morrowind off. I use Auslogics Boost Speed, wheich does this automaticaly.

Reload the game, just rely on the patches supplied, if you load all 3 sections (Morrwind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon) I think you'll find it's pretty well patched anyway. Load what other mods you use and then start the game, and check off the esp's in the Data Files section, let the game load and then pause it -before you name your character - (I use the [ESC] key), go into options choose your key settings, adjust the audio settings and vidio settings. In the general settings make sure the mouse pointer is switched on otherwise you won't get a pointer. In fact that could be why you aren't getting a mouse cursor.

You can go iinto the options at ANY point in the gameplay, so it's worth checking it and seeing if that's what is preventing your mouse cursor. I would certainly save unloading fiddling with the registry and then loading again. By the way, I too run Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, and it runs fin on my machine,

I have tried going back, which allowed me to pin-point the issue better. Vanilla Morrowind: have a cursor. MGE installed but not configured: have a cursor. I then tried turning options on one at a time and quickly found the issue: anti-aliasing. I can set everything else to whatever I want, but if I turn on *any* anti-aliasing the mouse cursor disappears. I can use anti-aliasing in Oblivion, so it seems strange I get such odd behaviour using it with Morrowind.

• 3 weeks later...