nDo - Normal Creation Toolkit

throttlekitty

http://www.philipk.net/ndo.html

I just spotted this on Polycount, and the people there seem to *really* be enjoying it, but haven't tested it myself yet. Sounds like it's designed for CS3 and up, but the author states that a recent update works on CS2 just fine. Also, looks like it's undergoing a few updates, already a couple have fixes have been issued in the past day.

nDo is another take on the 'height to normals' process, can properly blend normal maps together, and create cavity maps from normals.

Another nice find TK.

I nabbed the file and made a PDF out of the main web page as well as the tutorial page...however, it is taking forever and a day to download the 5 example PSD files (not compressed at all)

The date on the files inside the archive are today...this afternoon...minutes ago actually. I have not found anywhere that the author keeps tabs on revision numbers or a history of changes. Guess we just have to wing it.

Thanks,

LHammonds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does this plugin let me make textures easier ? :mellow: I can't make them in PShop, can't seem to work out shaping of materials. :confused:

In other words can I use this plugin to read my UV map and shape matterials/pictures to fit it ? :happy:

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I just read the thread and got it. Its super great and i love it lots!

Anyway it can stop working suddenly and when that happened i had to find out how to fix it and the answer is in that thread but.

It is convenient to have the way to fix it here also i think.

First u gotta look in the c:\documents and settings\username\application data\adobe\photoshop settings folder for the photoshop preferences file.

It is maybe different for your os? but the preferences file is in some place like that.

Delete the preferences file and start photoshop again. then shut it down again and set the new preferences file to read only.

now it works again!

• 4 months later...