Would violence be reduced if the government would end the war on drugs?

kvnchrist

How childish is this thread.So stop the war on drugs and let them sell free??

And no violence??Sure.Just most of those dumb enough to buy drugs will die slowly now.

Understand one thing kid:violence is way of human life.It's all over history.Wars killings never stop

and never will because its part of human nature.

So violence and drugs are completly unrelated.

You dont like violence?Me neither.but the sad fact is sometimes you have no choice

and have to defend yourself and your family against those who don't understand reason.

No choice.You have to use violence to stop violence.Sad but true.

Thats about violence.

Edited by Stronglav

Violence WOULD be dramatically reduced, as you would significantly reduce the motivation for 'turf wars' and such. (look at what's happening in mexico, should the US legalize drugs, 99% of that would go away, as there would no longer be any reason for it.)

And yes, some of the drug users would indeed die. May seem a tad harsh, but, I just don't have a problem with that. Folks die from drugs everyday anyway. If drugs were legal, and taxed, some of the proceeds would go to fund Rehab centers, and those that actually WANTED help, could get it. (which is not the case today.) Those that didn't? Well, that problem would eventually take care of itself.

How childish is this thread.So stop the war on drugs and let them sell free??

And no violence??Sure.Just most of those dumb enough to buy drugs will die slowly now.

Understand one thing kid:violence is way of human life.It's all over history.Wars killings never stop

and never will because its part of human nature.

So violence and drugs are completly unrelated.

You dont like violence?Me neither.but the sad fact is sometimes you have no choice

and have to defend yourself and your family against those who don't understand reason.

No choice.You have to use violence to stop violence.Sad but true.

Thats about violence.

Please stop labeling something as childish when you fail to see the aim of the topic. The war on drugs is the same as the war on alcohol in the Prohibition era. It is that status that has placed drugs in the realm of the underworld. What do you think happened to the market when prohibition was removed. How many deaths happened because of bootlegging after it was repealed.

Drugs are the same way. There is a difference between legalizing drugs and having a war on them. I emphasis is not putting everybody in jail that has a joint and you don't have the government breathing down the backs of local law enforcement.

Greed is human nature because there is a reward for those who use it. It is not the drugs that create the violence but the prospect of the money made by the drugs. When you place a war on that you drive it into the realm of the underworld. Gangs fight against gangs, but also the feds get involved in that to a greater scale and then the violence escalates. When you remove remove that war you remove the governments emphasis on it and reduce the level of violence.

Most people who know me would agree that I'm not a 'pro drug use' sort of person.

That being said two thoughts to consider:

1) Prohibition is what lead to the rise of Organized Crime in the 1920's and made them wealthy and an established sub culture.

2) The War on Drugs is doing exactly the same thing to the Cartel's that supply drugs.

I suspect that some drugs are going to be legalized because we live in a 'No Consequence" age. Simple pragmatism suggests that we 'sin tax' the hell out of it because we are not going to get much else out of the Stoners once it become legal and convenient. At least while they are vegging out they will contributing to the tax revenues.

I have always gone by the adage that "Your rights end where mine begin and vice versa"...which in this case translates to...If you don't want all your neurons to remain intact then that's your affair...stupid IMO, but still your choice.