Problems loading SKSE on Mac

frankthestep

Hi,

I've searched all around internet, looking for answers. tutorials or explanations. Nexus Community : your my only hope.

I've got Skyrim installed on My Mac. I loads perfectly and I made it to work with some mods but I want to go to the next level.

In order to get SKSE loading, I've follow the instructions of changing in info.plist

''<key>CedegaGameName</key>
<string>C:\Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/TESV.exe</string>''
to
<string>C:\Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/skse_loader.exe</string>''
In order to get the skse_loader.exe to run.
What I see is 2 icons of skyrim running and when I try to verify if SKSE is running in game with the command GETSKSEVersion, it shows that it's an invalid command.
Is there something I can do?
Please help me :)

Hi,

I've searched all around internet, looking for answers. tutorials or explanations. Nexus Community : your my only hope.

I've got Skyrim installed on My Mac. I loads perfectly and I made it to work with some mods but I want to go to the next level.

In order to get SKSE loading, I've follow the instructions of changing in info.plist

<string>C:\Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/TESV.exe</string>''
to
<string>C:\Program Files/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/skse_loader.exe</string>''
In order to get the skse_loader.exe to run.
What I see is 2 icons of skyrim running and when I try to verify if SKSE is running in game with the command GETSKSEVersion, it shows that it's an invalid command.
Is there something I can do?
Please help me :smile:

You need to have Steam in order for it to work correctly !

No one will help you !

Skyrim is a Windows game. There is NO MAC version.

A MAC is really a PC with an apple logo on it. :laugh: You paid about 20% more for that logo. But got better hardware than the typical off the shelf PC and a decent OS :thumbsup:

There are several legal ways to do this that make playing Windows games and using any Windows software easy - the most common is BootCamp with a ligit copy of Windows.

If your copy of windows is pirated - you will have problems with things like windows updates needed for some things - or they will just not work.

Then you need to install and run Steam in order to download or register a ligit version of Skyrim. Steam is FREE, Skyrim costs $20 .

Then SKSE will work. :thumbsup:

Wrappers such as wine or cider may or may not work - and will require a lot more work on your part to get them to work (if they do) - but if you enjoy that kind of thing there are websites for that. And as for the Steam requirement - good luck.