My computer is more badass than it should be

NerevarII

For whatever reason , my computer seems to run games like a badass with the current specs :

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3GHz (3.3/3.4 Turbo)

GPU - Radeon HD 5770

RAM - 10GB

Windows 7

The graphics card alone isn't that great (in todays standards anyway) , and the computer was built around the time my CPU was released . I have a fairly old PC (4 Years approx.) and according to everything I've read my computer shouldn't be able to handle Skyrim with all the mod's I have . Including ENB , and texture mods . 2k and 4k Textures for some things , SMIM , Parallax , settings on Ultra ..... Maybe I magically got PC parts that were secretly built better for a lucky individual such as myself ? Can anyone explain how my system is able to handle the massive punishment I deal to it , especially on a 50" TV screen with 1920 x 1440 (Or whatever the highest on the TV is) ?

I'm very tech savvy , but I can't seem to figure out how these components handle what they do , especially a 1GB Graphics card , lol .

TV is 1080p , and yes from what I can see everything is working as it should , I can especially notice the visual difference while having enb on/off , and comparing how Skyrim looks with the texture mods and without them . the comparison also makes me wonder how i ever played Skyrim without them :laugh:

I had kinda the same thing with a very similar build. . an HD 6770 (rebranded, slightly modified 5770) and an amd 1090t at 3.2 ghz. It consistently hit at least 10 fps more than what the benchmarks said, no overclock. Some games it ran better than the higher tier card I replaced it with. Ive long since sold that build, never did figure out what was going on, though.

Yeah I forgot to mention that as well , I tried upgraded cards and they seemed to perform worse than my 5770 . It's very interesting , and more so that you mention the "rebranded" card . I came across many variants of the 5770 on the web (never realized different manufacturers made the same cards with different builds) so I'm assuming I got a higher-end built card . I can't find my card specifically on the web , not sure why , but oh well . The card is huge too o.o