Micro bikini

daomike

I just recently installed a micro bikini mod i found on tes nexus for my oblivion game, the mod had different colors to choose from. It would be great to have a clothing mod like this that works with the natural bodies mod for dragon age origins and doesnt change the body or skin tone.

I just recently installed a micro bikini mod i found on tes nexus for my oblivion game, the mod had different colors to choose from. It would be great to have a clothing mod like this that works with the natural bodies mod for dragon age origins and doesnt change the body or skin tone.

Short answer is, "Ya' can't."

DA doesn't work like Oblivion. There is no "body" seperate from what it's wearing. Changing what the character is wearing IS changing the body. It's why, to pick one obvious example, Morrigan's cup size can go WAY up (or down) when she puts on her robes. The "Morrigan Robed" body model is not the same as the "Morrigan Disrobed" body model. The Toolset adjusts the mesh for race and gender (so the same armour model can automagically "fit" both Female Dwarf and Male Qunari) but the tints and tones will be identical, and will probably be different than that character's look before putting on that item.

Ok, first off, I have nothing against your idea, or your request. Just so you know that ;)

However, for DA I hate to have to say that its most likely not feasible in the way that you're wanting it. :(

DA uses a completely different game engine than Oblivion. The game engine for Oblivion puts clothing models OVER the existing character bodies' models.

DA doesnt do that. Any armor/clothing that your character is "wearing" actually REPLACES the body part that it's assigned to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/DarkeWolf/Untitled-1.jpg

This is a pic of the vanilla center torso for a female.

1) As this is listed as an actual body part, in the game engine, the game assigns the skin tone to it from information supplied in the morph used when the character is created. The game does not assign these colors to a piece of clothing or armor. Those colors are assigned by the files associated with the armor itself.

2) Because the bikini is actually going to REPLACE that body part, different models would have to be created to conform to each and every one of the torso models available thru NBAIO. Otherwise, the suit will only have the body shape of one particular body type.

Now, as far as 1) goes, theres a POSSIBLE workaround, using the universal dye kit mod. HOWEVER, the creator would have to map the armor as having the skin areas tintable. AND getting an exact match or even a close match to your skin tone, is going to be... well.... I'll just use "tedious" as my word of choice.

It is a cool idea. But with the limitations of the game engine that DA uses, it would be next to impossible to fully implement in the way that you're asking :(

Edit- Dernit Thandal, ya ninja'd me while I was typing! :P

Edited by DarkeWolf