NMM 0.53 release and fixes

Dark0ne

We released NMM version 0.53.0 at the beginning of the week which includes a new mod activation queue window. The idea is to allow you to queue up multiple installations or uninstallations of your mods as well as not locking out the other functions of NMM while your mod actions are being processed.

This update also enables you to select multiple mods and decide whether to install them or uninstall them, potentially saving a lot of clicking if you're doing a fresh install of hundreds of mods. Where before you would have to select each mod individually and either double-click it or press the activate button on the side, you can now select all the mods you want to install at once using standard Windows drag and drop, shift+click or ctrl+click controls.

Version 0.53.0 and the hotfix version 0.53.1 showed some performance issues for a minority of users and also lacked a progress column that accurately showed how far along the mod installation or uninstallation was for each mod in the queue. We believe we have remedied both these issues in version 0.53.2 and ask that users update to this latest version and let us know if they're getting any more issues in this regard.

Version 0.60, complete with mod profiling, is just around the corner and version 0.53 is a necessary stepping stone on the way to this release as it also has a "load backup" functionality. When/if you install version 0.60 it will automatically create a backup of your NMM directory (not its entire contents, for the hard-drive space conscious among you). If, for whatever reason, you need to revert back to version 0.53 from 0.60 this backup file can be used, by version 0.53, to quickly restore your NMM to exactly how it was. Such functionality is extremely important as version 0.60 presents a massive overhaul to the way NMM stores and processes mods. Something that is going to be a bit of a pain if you are someone who has hundreds of mods installed as all your scripted mods will need to be reinstalled and interacted with again. We didn't want people to be afraid about trying version 0.60 for fear that it might break their NMM setup, and thus, we needed to release version 0.53 for this purpose to provide a fail safe backup option for those users who are struggling with 0.60 or come across bugs that prevent NMM from working entirely.

NMM Version 0.53.2 is up now and available for download.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only does the installer tell you that, it offers to go get the .NET update for you. :thumbsup:

(Being the úber-cautious IT security guy that I am, I exited the install and went to the Microsoft site myself to obtain it, then re-started the NMM 0.53.2 install. But that's just me. :cool: )

Not only does the installer tell you that, it offers to go get the .NET update for you. :thumbsup:

(Being the úber-cautious IT security guy that I am, I exited the install and went to the Microsoft site myself to obtain it, then re-started the NMM 0.53.2 install. But that's just me. :cool: )

You are not alone, bro.

the tool that tries to install .Net from some blog location other than microsoft.com or msdn... looks suspicious (to say least) for me.

You are not alone, bro.

the tool that tries to install .Net from some blog location other than microsoft.com or msdn... looks suspicious (to say least) for me.

Untill the last patch it didn't require any .Net Framework but the one installed by default, then an allert message opens a link to a fishy page that tries to look like the official microsoft site, "suspucious" is correct way to call this.

Edited by Dzhalagash