NMM 0.53 release and fixes

Dark0ne

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When trying to install .Net Framework 4.5.2, a message says : "HRESULT 0x8024001e". So since this install didn't work, I don't have access to NMM no more... : (

How could I fix that ?

so... what do we do? download something, or wait for hotfix...? idk

Try here: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Offline Installer) for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2

For those of you wondering why Windows Update did not automatically install .NET 4.5.2, it is in the Automatic Update, but it is not "checked" so would not have installed unless you went in and checked the box yourself. At least that was the case when I looked at my Windows Update.

For those of you who would rather use Windows Update to install .NET 4.5.2:

Start > Control Panel > Windows Update, then click Important Updates, then check-mark the appropriate box in front of the .NET 4.5.2 update. Click OK. Click Install Updates.

If it's any consolation, we all would have had to update our NET frameworks eventually. (Isn't there a Microsoft deadline about that around January 2016?) Better to get used to NMM working with it now than to wait until the last moment to update.

I found out there was an issue in the installer script preventing it from automatically downloading and installing .Net Framework 4.5.2, what you were getting as a "fishy" link is nothing else than a built in framework procedure sending you there when it finds out you're missing a required framework.

We will soon upload a new installer that will work as expected to automatically take care of this procedure and prevent any confusion.

The new update seems to be bugged for me. No install windows, slightly choppy and when a mod has completed it won't change from the 'X' to the 'tick' unless i move my mouse. I also feel like some of the mods are being incorrectly installed because I'm not seeing any mod option windows. I'm probably not the only one but at least most of the mods are installing and working. Thanks

:edit: oh and i installed (or destalled? xD) 0.53.2 and the same problems persist.

Edited by MsDian