mods wont show up in data files

bagoman

ive been trying to fix this for like 5 weeks now, and have failed. when i click data files on the oblivion launcher only two mods show up. i have around 40 in my data folder and the ones that are showing up arent even in it. i cant find out how to get my mods into the game because even though they are in my data folder, they will not show up in the data files thing.

PLEASE HELP!

well, there is a beautiful little thing known as OBMM or Oblivion mod manager

find it, download it, use it

it should help you solve your problem

now, if even there mods don't show up, then it means that the mods aren't in the right place

make sure that all esm\esp files are in the Data folder, and not a sub-folder

It's almost certain that you are using Win 7 or Vista. Oblivion has problems when it is installed into the default protected 'Program FIles' folder. When this is the case, Windows places the data files in the 'ProgramData' folder, where Oblivion can't find them. Your best course of action is to completely uninstall Oblivion, and the reinstall it to a folder outside of 'Program Files' -- I have mine installed in C:\Games\Oblivion, for example.

Now get OBMM. The Oblivion Launcher loads mods according to Alphabetical Order.

OBMM lets you choose the order the mods load. This is very important because of the way mods are added when you start the game. You could run into conflicts and problems that can't be fixed unless you use OBMM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...