Can I thank donators with in-mod content?

sagittarius22

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if it was okay to thank donators with ingame mod content (a.k.a quoting their names)? I got some donations and I would gladly thank these people by putting their name in my mod. I know there is a rule that says to not give special perks to donators (I think this rule is still going on?), but is this really considered a perk? And lastly, if this is allowed, is it allowed to put a text like this in my mod description, or will it look like I'm asking for donations?

"Thank you to all donators, you guys/girls are awesome. To thank you, your name will be put in [my mod]. Thanks again!"

Thank you for answering.

This is covered in our Terms of Service:

Donations
In March of 2012 a donations system was added to Nexus Mods that allows users to specify a Pay Pal address to accept voluntary donations through. Included in this system are two locations where users can donate to your account from; your profile and your mod pages.

Donations are classed as completely voluntary monetary transactions that yield no gain for the donator. That means that donations should only ever be offered as a way of thanking other users and never in exchange for services, support or perks on the site or with files. Users are not allowed in any way, shape, or form to offer their files, services or support to other users in exchange for donations on the Nexus. If people are found in breach of this then you can expect to be banned.

We have a 100% no solicitation rule in regards to donations. This means that you cannot request users donate to you anywhere on the site including on your profile, in your file or image descriptions, in your file readme, via images, forum comments or private messages other than by selecting from the already existing donation options in your preferences area on Nexus sites. If you are caught asking for donations anywhere on the site you are likely to receive a warning or an outright ban depending on the severity of the breach of rules.

This is the only form of donation allowed here.

"Thanking" them is fine. It's the "actively trying to get more to do so" that's a problem.

So: "A big Thank You to all the people who have donated to my efforts!" is fine.

But: "If more people donate I'll make this mod even more awesome!" is not.

"Thanking" them is fine. It's the "actively trying to get more to do so" that's a problem.

So: "A big Thank You to all the people who have donated to my efforts!" is fine.

Okay, so no "All donators will have their name put in my mod!" :)

Thank you!

Okay, so no "All donators will have their name put in my mod!" :smile:

Thank you!

Correct. Besides, if you follow the rules on the Nexus you'd have no way of knowing who donated.

And even if you did, if you have more than one mod you wouldn't know which one moved the donor to contribute.

Okay, so no "All donators will have their name put in my mod!" :smile:

Thank you!

Correct. Besides, if you follow the rules on the Nexus you'd have no way of knowing who donated.

And even if you did, if you have more than one mod you wouldn't know which one moved the donor to contribute.

I know who donated because PayPal gives me their account's name (not their Nexus account but the PayPal one). Let's just be clear, I'm not begging people in PM to get donations. I'm strictly following the Nexus' rules and I'm modding for passion, not for money.

I think this thread can be locked, as I got the informations I wanted, thank you for your time Thandal!

Well, since my PayPal username and my Nexus username are nothing alike, if I were to donate to you here you'd still have no idea who did it! :laugh:

(Leaving the topic open since others may have additional comments/questions.)