installing fnv geck

toadlet

...I have tried the update to 1.5...

The one at the GECK Wiki is not the one you're supposed to get.

Go to the official Fallout site and get the correct version from there.

Where are the FalloutNV.exe and launcher located? I can't find the FNV folder anywhere on my Drive...8P

Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout New Vegas

So what was the answer to the geck problem of not having a new enough version? I just got a new computer with Win 7 on it and can't get anything to work. Help!

Make sure Steam has updated your game then put the Geck.exe in the game folder (not the data folder), double click on the Geck.exe to start it.

Thanks! I had already figured that out. When I open the geck it barely loads anything then if I try to load a mod it says it is too new. I have tried the update to 1.5 and it says its upgraded but still doesn't work right. I just got this win 7 computer and I'm trying to load it as my gaming machine. It has an x6 with 8G memory and 2 graphincs cards in crossfire mode. Up until today I have been using XP, with no problems. Now I can't mod anything.

The 1.5 update is for the fallout3 Geck, have you got the right Geck in there? the NV Geck is the top one on this page..... http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/geck.html

gee. Didnt know they were not the same... Thanks! I'll try that!

Rats. that didn't work either... I'll sleep on it, I guess.

You just gained HERO status! (Hitting myself on the head and saying "duh") Thanks!!!!!!!!!

• 10 months later...

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT PEOPLE HOW TO WORK GECK WITH STEAM, finally after so long of wait basically you download geck from steam in your View Tools then once downloaded right click on the geck tool on steam and go to local files then you want to verify integrity of tool cache and finally defragment cache tools then your all set

:tongue: :biggrin: :dance: :smile: :P