Hollywood Hypocrites....

edgeburner

They preach about "global warming", yet, hop about the globe in private jets..

They urge you to send your children to public schools, yet, enroll their own children into private schools..

They moan and groan about guns.....but profit in the millions exploiting guns in roles they play in movies..

How in the hell can you take these people seriously?

Not only that, but, what the hell qualifies them to have an opinion more substantial than yours?

They urge you to send your children to public schools, yet, enroll their own children into private schools..

They moan and groan about guns.....but profit in the millions exploiting guns in roles they play in movies..

Not only that, but, what the hell qualifies them to have an opinion more substantial than yours?

Not only Hollywood.Look at goverments.

Preach about peace and sell guns by millions.

There is no bad or good goverment.They all the same.

I think world without politicians would be better place.

Forgetting that Hollywood is a location, not a person, ethnic group or specific body of people and geographically it includes rich, poor, as well as conservative and liberaly minded human beings.

Not all or even most people in Hollywood use private jets most often use public methods of world travel and, if you actually paid attention those who are concerned about global warming when asked, will tell you that yes it's a nasty bit of business but they have to work and their work actually requires a lot of travel the moment there's a clean method of circumnavigating the globe regularly and quickly they'd be more than happy to ditch the jets.

Never seen anyone from Hollywood actually talk about the glory of public schools, I have however seen them call for better education - which is totally different.

Uhuh and no one can be a strong proponent against anything because they work in entertainment that includes them using it?

How can I take them seriously? Pretty easily. They speak with their mouths, their wallets and as many of their private actions as they are physically able, there's more than enough actual data to back that up. You on the other hand seem to have none of that, just a very biased and rather loud opinion that is not based in any kind of researched and carefully considered reality. You have far more to prove with your proposed topic than they do, so I must ask how can we take you seriously?

I know it would probably never work in this day and age, but here in the US, I often imagine what it would be like if we went back to the old continental congress....Back to the days that our legislative loonies had to work for a living, travel to Washinghole a few time a year to debate laws that actually affected them personally, on the proverbial "record"....No lobbies or other influence present...Just for the good of all....LOL,

Not possible today...too many hands out, hand that wield power, just waiting for their cut.

That being said, It seems as if Hollywood almost considers themselves the fifth branch of Government (with the MSM being the fourth) Disconnected egos run amok. :)

Forgetting that Hollywood is a location, not a person, ethnic group or specific body of people and geographically it includes rich, poor, as well as conservative and liberaly minded human beings.

You honestly believe that??? It is a liberal "old boy" network if there ever was one.

if you actually paid attention those who are concerned about global warming when asked, will tell you that yes it's a nasty bit of business but they have to work and their work actually requires a lot of travel the moment there's a clean method of circumnavigating the globe regularly and quickly they'd be more than happy to ditch the jets.

If you actually paid attention to the science of the global warming hypothesis, you would realize that it is not a "decided science" but, one that trending away from the over-hyped and unsubstantiated anthropogenic hypothesis. For the hollywood crowd to endorse such a questionable hypothsis in their ignorance and self-righteous, holier than thou attitude is just another hypocritical move from those who often talk the talk, but rarely walk the walk.

Never seen anyone from Hollywood actually talk about the glory of public schools, I have however seen them call for better education - which is totally different.

Matt Deamon....Or. what ever his name is?? The dude who pretends to be something he isn't in spy movies?

Analyze before you worship or defend

Edited by edgeburner

You on the other hand seem to have none of that, just a very biased and rather loud opinion that is not based in any kind of researched and carefully considered reality. You have far more to prove with your proposed topic than they do, so I must ask how can we take you seriously?

Biased.....Loud???

Did I type in caps? Does it offend you that what you perceive as 'biased' is blatantly obvious to anybody who take the time to do the research to be anything but?

Why does my post offend you so?

Edited by edgeburner

They're liberals and hypocrisy is a liberal trait.

Why would anyone take someone that plays various roles in movies and such seriously? They don't have any training in the various 'causes' that they support. Take a look at who is writing the checks to them for their 'opinions'. It explains a lot.

Personally, I don't pay any attention to what the various Hollywood 'celebs' have to say. I am not sure if there is a single one that has the faintest idea of what they are talking about, regardless of the subject matter.

Why would anyone take someone that plays various roles in movies and such seriously? They don't have any training in the various 'causes' that they support. Take a look at who is writing the checks to them for their 'opinions'. It explains a lot.

Ahem Ahem , Ronald Reagan , need I say more , but hypocrisy IS a liberal trait after all ahem ahem . :facepalm: