NMM 0.60 Alpha release with profiling, ready for testing

Dark0ne

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry,but don't you all think fixing NMM is more important then profiling? I have had too reinstall Skyrim sooooooo many times cause NMM has messed it up so bad (sighs).Love the nexus site for mods,but the manager isn't very good.

I am sorry,but don't you all think fixing NMM is more important then profiling? I have had too reinstall Skyrim sooooooo many times cause NMM has messed it up so bad (sighs).Love the nexus site for mods,but the manager isn't very good.

Perhaps testing ALPHA or BETA versions of software isn't for you...?

• 1 month later...
I would love to test the alpha but I'll probably end up testing it on my laptop rather then my gaming pc simply because the instal que is to convenient to give up for profiles. I really hope it's added back in to a later release though because having that and profiling would make testing mods a lot more fun. I'm not sure how effective the profiles from the site would be with out being able to do the same overwrites and choosing the same scripted mod options that the person posting it did. Still, I'll keep on top of the progress with this and if I test it then I'll send any feedback that I can.

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #22838494. #22999409 is also a reply to the same post.

jas21k wrote: I am sorry,but don't you all think fixing NMM is more important then profiling? I have had too reinstall Skyrim sooooooo many times cause NMM has messed it up so bad (sighs).Love the nexus site for mods,but the manager isn't very good.
StrykNyne wrote: If you're sick of reinstalling Skyrim because of NMM, have you considered trying Mod Organizer?

I dont see why a mod manager could ruin your game. All it does is take a mod and put it in your Data folder. If you keep having trouble with the games, 95% of the chances are your fault for using conflicting mods or installing it without reading the mod instruction. Not every mod can be install with a mod manager.

Can this version of NMM be installed separately 0.53 rather than over the top of it, so that I can switch between either?

Also, a question about the sharing of profiles once it comes to full fruition: Will there be the ability to have NMM download all the mod files associated with someone's profile that you don't already have?

• 5 months later...

I just switched over from 0.5 to 0.6 and I selected the option of NMM to reinstall my mods for me.. After it uninstalled all my mods successfully (and quite fast, 200 mods in 30 min, good job team!), the next step was rather a big disappointment. NMM didnt react for some seconds, so I just clicked on the NMM window and suddenly the programm just froze, then crashed after giving the usuall window than NMM had a problem and it made a tracelog blabla..

After a restart I decided I ll just take the red pill and reinstall ALL my mods hand. BUT some mods cant be reinstalled as I have noticed.. At least there is the no entry sign on them. So I am glad I did a back up and I am going to redo it and reinstall NMM 0.5.

I d have liked to test this application too, but I think that only makes sense when one is starting of a complete fresh install.. Hopefully one day there is a reinstall option which works.

Another thing I noticed while NMM was uninstalling is that it does not uninstall mod backwards but rather randomly or by alphabetical order I guess. Maybe you can consider adding an option to uninstall mods backwards and let NMM trace this so it knows in which order they were installed in the first place. I find that a stable installion of Skyrim mods is not only a matter of how the .esp s are sorted but in some cases also a matter of which order one installed them in the first place.

GReetz

Z

Edited by zebedinlee