• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

VincentIcarus

VincentIcarus

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
Hey, is anyone working on any kind of mod that allows you to bind weapons/armor to the number 2 key. I would really appreciate it if I could change the Ammo Switcher hotkey to another button because 2 was where I always put my most powerful pistol in Fallout 3.

C0rrup73d

C0rrup73d

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
As soon as you said "bind it to the 2 key" I had a thought. Why not make it a wheel and have binded weapons like that so that way you can use the mouse to click the weapon.

HaikenEdge

HaikenEdge

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 606 posts
Agree with this mod. I personally like 1 - Melee, 2 - Pistol, 3 - Automatic, 4 - Sniper Rifle as my setup, so having swap ammo at 2 is annoying.

cowboyhugbees

cowboyhugbees

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
+1 for this idea. The ammo change bound to 2 seems so obtrusive.

COrrup, do you mean use the mouse wheel for weapon select? Because I think that would solve a lot of problems, as well.

Elmrond

Elmrond

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I hate losing my hotkey 2 as well. Its is stupid that you can remap ammoswap FROM key 2(default) but then you cannot use key 2.

waldo913

waldo913

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm on board with this as well. Gimme back all my hotkeys, dangit! I suspect that replacing the silly 'ammo switch' function of hotkey 2 will take some kinda heavy script editing, and that we may have to wait for the New Vegas Script Extender to be released, but here's hoping someone figures out a quick and dirty workaround in the meantime.

LTrapper

LTrapper

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I suspect that replacing the silly 'ammo switch' function of hotkey 2 will take some kinda heavy script editing, and that we may have to wait for the New Vegas Script Extender to be released, but here's hoping someone figures out a quick and dirty workaround in the meantime.

Nop. It seems hotkey 2 mapping is missing within the game engine as there is no Hotkey2 variable to begin with. So it takes game developers to fix it by changing the game sourcecode or crackers to add it to binary although the last will be illegal.

The quick and dirty workaround is to change Ammo Switch hotkey to something else and set 5-th to 8-th hotkey to keyboard button "2" by editing [Controls] section of FalloutPrefs.ini. Then setting preferred "2-weapon" to chosen ( 5-th to 8-th ) hotkey ingame.

Examle remapping of Ammo Switch to "backspace" key and 8-th hotkey to "2" key:
Hotkey1=0002FFFF
Hotkey8=0003FFFF
Hotkey3=0004FFFF
Hotkey4=0005FFFF
Hotkey5=0006FFFF
Hotkey6=0007FFFF
Hotkey7=0008FFFF
Ammo Swap=000E0201

Zaline

Zaline

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
@LTrapper: The quickfix worked like a charm, thank you.

SirSmokeALot

SirSmokeALot

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
Thx A Lot for this Info. Not being able to use the #2 really sucked.
But when I set the ammoswap to backspace, it also changed ammo when I changed View with the middlemousebutton.
If anyone has the same problem, I recomment just binding it to #8.

Zorkel

Zorkel

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Wow, an old post but damn it's a life saver!

Will go into my most important ini hack save file. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.128 seconds