Geck Game Settings

Panzerjager1943

So I've modded Fallout 3 and am now starting on New Vegas, but I'm having problems with the Game Settings in Geck. I never needed to mod them for my stuff in Fallout 3, and since I've uninstalled that, I don't know if changing them ever worked. However, I do know that (in NV) tweaking the variables used for calculating weapon damage based on it's condition have no affect: I'm trying to remove damage from degrading as weapon condition does. However, setting fDamageGunWeapCondBase to 1 and fDamageGunWeapCondMult to 0, or even testing with them by swapping the values, returns no results. Damage does not degrade differently in any way, even after picking up newly-spawned weapons in the world.

So I'm just wondering, are NV Game Settings currently not functional? Or am I changing them incorrectly - that there is another way to change them, or is another way to stop weapon damage from degrading with condition? Thanks for any help.

Hey Panzer

Yeah, I'm trying to do something similar. Instead of condition, I'm trying to remove the skill effect on damage. There are two similar settings there as well called skilldamagebase and skilldamagemulti i believe, and if i set both of those to 1, as far as I can tell it removes any skill effect on damage, bringing weapons up to their max damage for their condition. Have you tried putting both settngs (fDamageGunWeapCondBase and fDamageGunWeapCondMult) to 1?

I'll test it now, but assuming the damage formula on the geck wiki is correct (it may not be however) it would mean damage would be doubled.

Still, I'll give it a shot, thanks for the suggestion :) I'll edit this post with results.

Edit: did not work. Changed both variables to 1, and nothing changed - mathematically, assuming the Geck wiki's formula is correct, a perfect condition weapon should be doing double damage with those variables, however nothing was different at all.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm having a similar problem but with skill rate. I want to mod the game so that skill points per level is solely determined by your INT. I want to remove the 10 point base and up the multiplier to like 1.5 or so. It would give you 15 points with a INT of 10, but make it more difficult for low INT characters. Problem is that I can only find the settings for FO3, and changing those values has no effect.