Terrain you can walk through popping up in game but not in CK. Need help getting rid of it

ThoraSoldier

Hello all,

I've been working on a great fortress/new city mod in the tamriel world by the stormcloak camp in whiterun hold. Now its rights beside it and into the throat of the world. I've been moving around the mountain ridges slightly and lowering any landscape to flatten it out for my fortress.

Now my issue is that everything is good in CK but as soon as i go into the game, there's this what looks to be a snow pile coming out from the mountain. now its not actually there because i can walk through it. but i can see it... It's clipping through a bunch of my stuff and frankly its driving me nuts. It doesn't show up in CK and I don't know what to do to remove it.

Any ideas? have i missed something?

Not completely sure, but it sounds like a bug with the landscape LODs. Does the 'snow pile' seem weirdly low-res? I've had a similar problem before, where the low res landscape LOD didn't disappear, and simply stayed there as a piece of land that I could walk through, with the real land underneath.

Not sure how to fix it though, but this 'diagnosis' might help find a fix.

Edited by noobax

Not completely sure, but it sounds like a bug with the landscape LODs. Does the 'snow pile' seem weirdly low-res? I've had a similar problem before, where the low res landscape LOD didn't disappear, and simply stayed there as a piece of land that I could walk through, with the real land underneath.

Not sure how to fix it though, but this 'diagnosis' might help find a fix.

Yes thats exactly whats happening. Low res snow pile screwing my day. thanks for the input. I'm going to see if i can find a topic related to it. hopefully.