The new system notifications for updates modification.

insaneplumber

Will I be able to return to the old and in my opinion more transparent and clearer notification system?

http://i.imgur.com/21JOaJK.jpg

Why notifications not disappear by clicking notification itself, and now am forced to click red cross in order to removing from notifications panel?

I follow a lot of modifications ~2000, and now I have two times more clicks than before. (I thought that improvement = less clicking)

Do I need to be forced to be "satisfied"?

So PLEASE give us choose how to display notifications.

Edited by insaneplumber

You're not being very clear about what you want, I assume (and hope) that's because English isn't your first language!

Are you saying if you click a notification it should also remove that notification from the list? Or are you saying when you click the notifications button to begin with it should instantly reset the counter to 0?

Yes English is not my native language.

"Are you saying if you click a notification it should also remove that notification from the list"

Yes. (red cross to delete notification from panel redundant)

Why?

Since clicking second time to delete from panel is a waste of time.

PLEASE give us choose how to display notifications.

And it is possible to display only one information for modification?

For example.
Modification X, author has updated today four files.
I think that one information about update is sufficient.

http://i.imgur.com/WdIZO8z.jpg

Edited by insaneplumber

We won't be going back to the old notification system and there won't be an option to choose which one you prefer. We'll be sticking with this new one.

We can add a preference to make clicking a notification remove it from the list, but many people like their notification list staying, without being removed, much as Facebook works, as they like to store it in case they see it at work and then forget about it when they get home later.

We can definitely look at grouping similar updates together.

It is obvious to me that you can not please everyone.

"We can add a preference to make clicking a notification remove it from the list"

Please do so, then everyone will have a choice option.
"much as Facebook works"
I do not use this website.
Edited by insaneplumber

Can we please have the former notification back, as an option if need be ? As far as I am concerned, the new system has several major flaws, including :

1/ it isn't functional : I could visualize several dozens of notifications at a single glance before, now I can see... 6 or so at most (+have to click them away) ?

2/ it isn't visually consistent with the rest of the site's interface, unlike the former interface.

3/ it doesn't seem to work : I did not get notified of new comments that appeared on several mod pages today

Nexus has (had?) a very clean, visually appealing and efficient interface. It is a site that I enjoy visiting, and using for my modding/gaming purposes. Please consider keeping it that way, and allow us to keep the former notification system.

Edited by KarmaPowered